The Development Coordinator is a pivotal member of our Fund Development Team. In this role, you will be the first point of contact for donors and supporters looking to end poverty in our community. In your role, you are responsible for the full cycle of donor relations and retention for e4c, including grants and reporting. You will be responsible for supporting donor relationships for gifts and funds over $5,000, managing campaigns, and providing support in the coordination of internal and external fundraising events and initiatives.
- You possess 2+ years of experience in a Fundraising, Development, or Donor Relations role.
- You bring 2+ years of experience in a Customer-Service related environment.
- You have a diploma in Business, Fund Development, Non-Profit Management, or a related discipline.
- You have demonstrated skilled competency in Raiser’s Edge donor management software.
- You have a strong understanding of development and donor relations best practices, and the ability to actively apply these principles.
- Proven ability to cultivate, manage, and steward key stakeholder and donor relationships.
- Ability to deal with tight timelines and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- You are comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
- You are comfortable and experienced using virtual meeting platforms.
- You have intermediate computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- You are able to use your personal vehicle to visit different locations throughout the Edmonton area.
- Respond to donor inquiries, accept and process donations made by all e4c fundraising channels.
- Greet walk-in donors, accept donations (financial and in-kind) and maintain donation records.
- In collaboration with the Director, maintain and update donor recognition and stewardship plans, including writing and processing thank you letters.
- Provide accurate information to Finance coding all gifts according to donor intent and GL structure.
- Ensure all cash management and reconciliation processes and policies are adhered to.
- Complete donor reports proactively and as required.
- Perform data searches to produce detailed and accurate reports and information for use in campaign analysis, solicitation and development and communication mailings.
- Oversee the maintenance of the In Kind Donation room, and fulfillment of programs’ In Kind requests.
- Provide support for e4c and third party fundraising events that benefit or name e4c as their charity of choice – program fundraisers, community events, and special events including the organization’s United Way Campaign.
- Prepare tax receipts and donor acknowledgment.
- Document fundraising and donor management software processes at e4c. Update and maintain standard operating procedures for all data entry and reporting, ensuring all standards are met.
- Support the administration of the donor database, ensuring consistent entry procedures and supporting the training of staff and/or volunteers on data entry guidelines.
- Support the facilitation of staff training in fundraising and donor management software, including but not limited to Communications and Donor Relations staff, Finance, and internal staff as identified in consultation with the Director.
- Perform donor prospecting and research, collaborating with the Director and/or Department Leads to examine donor alignment.
- Support the writing of grant drafts as identified by the Director of Sustainability & Communications, under the guidance of Program Managers.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Robust Benefits Package
3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check. Applicants seeking a front line role are required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.