You act as the first and last point of contact for program inquiries, intakes, and systems navigation. The Diversion specialist will assess suitability into WEAC. Utilizing a practice that is person-centered and trauma-based, you will link individuals with appropriate internal and/or external supports and services that will meet their needs. In addition, liaising with community partners to build supports for the community.
- You have a Degree or Diploma in Human Services or a related discipline.
- You possess 3+ years of experience conducting intakes, assessments, and/or placement coordination.
- You have 3+ working with marginalized populations.
- You bring extensive background and experience working with individuals with addictions, poverty, mental health, and traumatic histories.
- You are understanding and able to respond to multiple, complex barriers faced by vulnerable women.
- You have a working knowledge and experience in harm reduction, resiliency, trauma-informed, solution-focused, and person-centered practice.
- You have a proven ability to address, de-escalate and problem solve with individuals under the influence, under extreme stress, and/or struggling with a mental health crisis.
- You are able to multitask, prioritize and problem solve critical issues while maintaining the day-to-day requirements of the job.
- You are able to work collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives; have positive working relationships with colleagues and partners.
- You are known for improving processes and can contribute to finding efficiencies for enhanced service and community relations.
- You describe yourself as non-judgmental, empathetic, flexible, and able to work with initiative and independence.
- You possess both strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient in using Microsoft Office, outlook, excel. Knowledge of ETO is beneficial.
- Respond to all intake inquiries for WEAC.
- Complete referral assessments through pre-screen using VI SPDAT or any other appropriate assessments.
- Consult with the WEAC Team to assess compatibility and placement into WEAC.
- Gather appropriate information and documentation according to the intake and referral process at WEAC.
- Divert ineligible women from shelter to other support options and internal/external service providers to meet their current situation.
- Maintain records of supports/referrals provided to the person served.
- Develop and maintain documentation and statistics on intake, referral, and program outcome data.
- Compile intake documentation to complete reporting to funders.
- Complete monthly and quality records review and reporting.
- Maintain organization of new, current, and departed files including contact and demographic information.
- Develop strong relationships with external agencies and providers to optimize referrals when diverting from WEAC.
- Establish and maintain a network of community organizations.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Robust Benefits Package
3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check. Applicants seeking a front line role are required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.