Are you energetic, collaborative, and have a passion for working with preschool children and their families? Do you excel in a classroom environment that focuses on holistic play-based learning activities?
e4c is hiring multiple Special Educational Assistants to join our Early Learning Program relief pool. This role works as part of an interdisciplinary team that utilizes the principles of the Flight framework to help children between the ages of 2.5 and 5 with additional needs and their families excel. You will participate in case management planning and implement programming according to the unique goals of each child and their family.
This opportunity is for a Special Needs Assistant or Child Development Worker to utilize their educational expertise and experience to assist diverse families and children in reaching their full potential!
- You possess a Special Needs Educational Assistant or Early Childhood Educator Certificate.
- You have First Aid & CPR or are willing to obtain it while at e4c.
- You bring 1+ years of experience working with children with developmental delays in a learning environment.
- You are passionate and deeply committed to helping each child reach their potential.
- You understand the value of creating holistic, responsive play-based learning experiences.
- You are engaging and able to connect with children and their families.
- Your prior experience utilizing the principles of the Flight framework is an asset.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that partners with children and their families to create a meaningful and holistic environment.
- Utilize the core principles of the Flight Framework to observe the natural curiosity of the child in individual and group settings.
- Be part of creating a responsive, open, and flexible classroom that ensures a safe environment for all.
- Provide intentional communication to ensure program plans and standards are maintained.
- Provide hands on support to classroom staff including material preparation and activity set up.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Please email your completed form with picture ID to CS-IRCrequest@gov.ab.ca
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.