As a Family Support Worker, you will provide key supports, information, advocacy, and community connections to families. Through weekly parenting and playgroups and regular home visits, you will act as an advocate for families and children and empower them to reach their goals. You will have the opportunity to work both independently and within a variety of team settings in a collaborative and interdisciplinary manner with children and their families.
- You bring 1+ years of experience working with pre-school age (2.8 to 5 years) children.
- You possess post-secondary education in Social Work, Human Ecology, or Child & Youth Care.
- You have experience working with socially, economically, and/or culturally diverse children and their families.
- You are able to use your personal vehicle to conduct home visits.
- You are comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team is an asset.
- Schedule and attend regular home visits with the families on your caseload.
- Support the family in identifying and reaching their goals through a strength-based approach.
- Provide information and support for children transitioning into other programs.
- Deliver developmental screenings on each child, make appropriate referrals and provide strategies and supports to the family.
- Plan, design and deliver playgroups and weekly parent groups based upon interests, individual and group needs, and abilities to foster development.
- Work together with the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate communication development for all children using a wide variety of approaches that best meet the children’s individual needs (i.e. routine-based, large group, small group, and select individual interaction).
- De-brief and consult with program partners, inter-agency members, and other community stakeholders to network and establish collaborative partnerships.
- Participate in IPP meetings, screening, and tracking to determine progress towards IPP goals.
- Document and maintain necessary case notes on the School Cloud database.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Robust Benefits Package
3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Forward your completed form and a copy of two (2) pieces of government issued ID (one must be a photo ID) to CS.IRCEdmonton@gov.ab.ca
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.