The Human Resources Business Partner role is ideal for someone looking to be a champaign and change agent by providing "hands-on" operational support. You will optimize your unique skill set and knowledge to help shape Human Resources at e4c. You will partner with leaders to provide support through proactive communication, openness, and practical integrated solutions. You will build relationships and credibility with leaders and colleagues while supporting the agency's people-orientated programs, initiatives, and services.
- You possess a bachelor's degree in human resources or related discipline. A CPHR designation is an asset.
- You bring 5+ years of experience as an HR professional resolving complex employee relations issues. Prior supervisory experience is an asset.
- You are known for exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills enabling interaction at all levels.
- You have working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines and best practices, including total compensation & benefits, workforce planning & talent management, employee relations, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, and professional practice and legislative bodies.
- You bring strong business and HR acumen, including problem-solving, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
- You have the demonstrated ability to confidently coach leaders and supervisors using HR best practices.
- You are able to effectively define problems, provide solutions, and create action plans.
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- You are experienced in leading organizational change projects and leadership.
- You have excellent working knowledge of legislation with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations.
- You bring Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Windows – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and HRMS.
- Understand business strategy and priorities, and their HR implications to help identify and build agency capability, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Work with leaders to identify areas for improvement within programs related to HR operational practices and offer practical solutions.
- Advise leaders on various workplace matters, including development, compensation and benefits, workforce planning and talent management, performance management, employment law matters, and application of HR policies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide guidance in matters regarding WCB, Disability Management programs and requests for leave, medical documentation, employee accommodations and return to work programs.
- Develop collaborative relationships in order to understand the different programs at e4c: financial position, objectives, culture, and HR-related needs.
- Work with leaders to build and maintain a proactive talent acquisition plan, anticipate recruitment needs and explore recruitment strategies.
- Participate in job analysis, position description reviews, and compensation analysis.
- Participate in and lead (as appropriate) employee onboarding activities.
- Actively participate in the implementation of HR Strategies, Operational Plans, and e4c’s Strategic Goals.
- Work closely and support agency leaders with Human Resource change initiatives, strategies, policies, and communication of those changes.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Robust Benefits Package
3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Please email your completed form with two pieces of identification (one picture ID) to CS-IRCrequest@gov.ab.ca
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.