Are you passionate about facilitation and adult learning? Do you love developing curriculum? Do you like to engage with people at all skill levels? This role is a unique opportunity to bring your entrepreneurial and creative spirit to e4c to enhance the learning, knowledge, skills, and capacity of our employees across the agency.
As a Learning and Development Advisor, you will work collaboratively to plan, facilitate and coordinate training and competency-based learning programs based on employee needs.
- You possess a bachelor's degree in human resources, education, or business.
- You have 5+ years of experience working in human resources, training delivery & design, or the development of blended learning solutions.
- You are an expert in curriculum development, maintenance, and evaluation.
- You are able to use a consultative and engaging approach to connect to various audiences at all levels.
- You bring extensive knowledge of adult education learning principles and instructional design theory.
- You have a demonstrated ability to research through academic, online &/or networking channels.
- You are able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- You are proficient with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and e. learning technologies.
- You have demonstrated success using a consultative approach in training various audiences at all levels.
- Change management and communication experience is an asset.
- You bring Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Includes Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and skills in database management (LMS).
- Utilize a variety of instructional methods to ensure an engaging and interesting learning environment that meets learners’ needs.
- Ability to know your audience and be able to speak to them in a language that represents e4c's core values.
- Design, develop and facilitate customized learning solutions and curriculum including course descriptions, lesson plans, supporting materials, visual materials, and relevant assessment tools.
- Plan, schedule and conduct training set up systems and equipment, coordinate enrollment, and issue certificates.
- Follow up with trainees and leaders to conduct training evaluations to ensure training is effective, and being applied in daily work.
- Create and review training evaluations, offer suggestions for improvement and highlight any areas of concern.
- Conduct a gap analysis on the existing curriculum and employee certification.
- In collaboration with the Human Services Manager and e4c leadership, review the approach and direction of e4c’s training annually to ensure it meets agency needs and reflects current trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop communication tools to promote learning initiatives and increase awareness.
- Work with the Human Services Manager to explore and build Social Enterprise for Learning and Development.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Robust Benefits Package
3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Please email your completed form with two pieces of identification (one picture ID) to CS-IRCrequest@gov.ab.ca
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.