You will work as part of a team to create a safe home environment for 5 residents who due to past histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions require enhanced levels of housing support. By utilizing a non-judgmental, harm reduction, trauma-informed, and natural law approach, you will focus on: modeling meaningful daily activity, cooking delicious meals, discovering residents’ own skills and knowledge, and initiating opportunities to guide residents with practical skills needed to maintain a safe and clean environment.
e4c’s supportive housing programs operate through a model of wrap-around team staffing that includes clinical supports – you will ensure that the program and its day-to-day operations meet both residents’ needs and agency/funder requirements. You will draw inspiration from the recovery motto of ‘one day at a time’ and model personal wellness, self-care, and recovery based upon the self-identified goals of the residents!
- You possess a degree or diploma in the area of human services or a related field
- You bring 3+ years of related work experience with diverse communities with varying and complex priorities and needs.
- You understand the permanent and temporary barriers that can make executive functions tasks difficult.
- You can create strategies to ensure successful household management, cleaning, nutrition, meal preparation, and grocery shopping.
- You have working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, natural law, strength-based, collaborative, and/or solution-focused practice.
- You can use personal lived experiences of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, or poverty to develop a connection with the person served.
- You are willing to work in partnership with the AHS clinical team and person served to create positive outcomes.
- Teach and model a spectrum of basic life skills (including not limited to cooking, sleep hygiene, conflict resolution, medication management, and household duties) in the home and with residents.
- Be a mentor and guide to residents helping to develop an understanding of their unique needs when developing life management skills.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to share in both the successes of residents and address any challenges or barriers.
- Assist residents with required documentation and paperwork when they join the house.
- Create life skills learning opportunities with residents and Wellness Team related to special occasions and wellness programming.
- Promote an environment that ensures conflict resolution, positive communication, empathy and respect.
- Plan and prepare meals in accordance with residents’ preferences in alignment with the Canada Food Guide, grocery budget and licensing requirements.
- Work with residents to help clean and maintain the household.
- Comply with all legislation, bylaws, e4c and program standards.
- Administers prescribed medication for all residents.
- Be an e4c ambassador with neighbors and in the community.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check. Applicants seeking a front line role are required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com