Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity to change the lives of women and experience working with a committed team of professionals who will play a vital role in transforming the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre (WEAC) into a world class shelter offering wrap around clinical support? Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to your community while shaping the future of WEAC? Welcome to WEAC – celebrating our history and looking to our future. Be a part of herstory, be part of the change, be a part of Bridging Her Home!
Licensed Practical Nurse supports the delivery of primary care services to the women of WEAC in a clinic and mobile setting throughout the shelter. Working as an LPN at WEAC you will be part of providing health care services utilizing a holistic approach to support the Women of WEAC in their journey to a better tomorrow.
- You bring 1+ years of primary care nursing experience including developing and delivering care plans.
- You have 2+ plus years working with marginalized populations and understand the barriers to receiving health care support that vulnerable woman face.
- You are a graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nurse program, accredited through CLPNA.
- You have a proven ability to practice relationship-based approaches.
- You are able to embed in your work the practices of harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, and strength-based care.
- You are able to remain confident and calm. This work may involve de-escalating crisis situations with individuals under the influence of drugs or alcohol or experiencing a mental health crisis.
- You will use a person centered, relational practice, trauma sensitive, and harm reduction framework to create a safe and welcoming environment when the women of WEAC are accessing primary care services.
- You are an essential part of providing primary care support. This role works with a Nurse Practitioner and provides onsite health care that falls within the LPN scope of practice.
- You will utilize an electronic records system to ensure an organized, accurate, efficient patient care is provided that allows for prompt follow up and the ability for the women to receive referrals and support as needed.
- You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team ensuring that the women receive quality care to meet their individual needs.
- You will be a part of sharing knowledge related to a healthy lifestyle, risk reduction, and preventative self-care.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Robust Benefits Package
3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Forward your completed form and a copy of two (2) pieces of government issued ID (one must be a photo ID) to CS.IRCEdmonton@gov.ab.ca
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.