Are you eager and motivated in modelling what healthy relationships and nutrition-based programming looks like with children? This is an exciting opportunity within our school community for a caring role model who is passionate about working with different groups of people! The Nutrition Support Worker is responsible for food service activities including preparation and service, maintaining the food preparation area, equipment, facilities, and services to ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
- You have knowledge and understanding of food insecurity, preferably within a school setting.
- You have a desire to work with socially, economically, and culturally diverse children and their families.
- You love to learn and be a part of a team! Prior food handling experience is an asset.
- You are able to lift up to 40 lbs. and are comfortable using stairs
- Be a nutrition champion! Help students learn about healthy and nutritious food and eating habits.
- Every school day, help e4c School Nutrition Program feed 7000+ students in various locations around Edmonton.
- Work in collaboration to plan and receive food orders while maintaining appropriate inventory management processes.
- You will ensure the school nutrition kitchens are well maintained, clean, and sanitary.
- You will help make the School Nutrition Program a success by providing feedback and assisting the program registration process.
- Be a part of workshops, in-services, or organization meetings for continued professional growth.
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Please email your completed form with two pieces of identification (one picture ID) to CS.IRCEdmonton@gov.ab.ca
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.