Are you energetic, collaborative, creative, and passionate about working with youth? Do you understand challenges that prevent LGBTQ2S+ youth from seeking safe and inclusive spaces and want to become their best advocates in obtaining inclusive support?
You will support LGBTQ2S+ youth between the ages of 16-24 and create individual youth case plans and assessments in alignment with the housing first principle. You will develop and nurture relations with communities, landlords, and stakeholders; foster positive community supports, facilitate group activities, and provide referrals for follow-up supports to external services.
The Safe Spaces Case Manager works collaboratively with their team to achieve group goals and objectives and with youth through non-judgmental, harm reduction, trauma-informed, and solution-focused approaches.
- You bring 3+ years of working with the marginalized, high-risk, and vulnerable youth population. You have 1+ years in a supervisory role.
- You possess post-secondary education in Child and Youth Care (CYC), Social Work, Human Services, or related fields.
- You are non-judgmental, empathetic, flexible, and able to work with initiative and independence.
- You have a deep understanding and affirmative perspective of LGBTQ2S+ experiences, harm reduction, resiliency, trauma-informed, and solution-focused practice.
- You bring lived experience, allyship, and/or knowledge of LGBTQ2S+ community.
- You are confident utilizing different computer applications.
- You have the ability to travel to different sites as required using a personal vehicle.
- You will coordinate the development and delivery of person centered, goal-oriented case management, that focus on the well-being of the youth and their long-term stability.
- You will communicate and meet regularly with the youth's legal guardians and stakeholders and work to ensure the barriers to success are overcome and milestones are celebrated.
- You will mentor and grow the capacity of the Safe Spaces team and help ensure that the goal orientated care plans are effective.
- You will work in a collaborative partnership and use a relational and holistic approach to build a multi-disciplinary team that is recruited and on boarded in alignment with the vision of the Safe Spaces team.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Robust Benefits Package
4 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Forward your completed form and a copy of two (2) pieces of government issued ID (one must be a photo ID) to CS.IRCEdmonton@gov.ab.ca
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.