Are you interested in working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that coordinates and delivers school-based programs for children and youth? e4c is hiring a Program Coordinator that focuses on the planning and coordination of school-based programs including:
- School-Based Nutrition – provides healthy nutritious food each school day to thousands of children/youth experiencing food insecurity.
- Out of School Time – provides free out-of-school time programs, for children and youth that utilize art or nutrition as a means of developing fundamental life skills.
Providing guidance and hands-on leadership the Program Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the success of e4c school-based programs. Working hand in hand with nutrition support staff, program volunteers, and student placements the program coordinator ensures a successful and smooth operation.
- You bring 2+ years of coordinating and delivering programming while working with multiple stakeholders within a school setting.
- You possess post-secondary education in Child Development, Child and Youth Care, Nutrition Community Development, or other related fields.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work with school communities, children, and diverse communities in a nonprofit setting.
- You have knowledge and understanding of food security within a School Setting.
- You are an excellent communicator and can engage with stakeholders and partners.
- You have prior experience with budget analysis and management, data collection, and reporting.
- You have worked in a leadership role and excel at coaching and mentoring.
- You are confident navigating various computer applications.
- You are knowledgeable about food service and/or food service management.
- You are able to work independently or in a team setting.
- You are able to use your personal vehicle to visit different sites.
- Deliver Young Chefs, and School Nutrition Programs to school-age children.
- Supervise and coordinate Nutrition Support Workers, program volunteers, and student placements.
- Support program staff in program delivery, adherence to the Alberta Nutritional Guidelines for Children and Youth, COVID 19 procedures and protocols, and safe food handling practices.
- Create nutritious, culturally appropriate, and fiscally sustainable menus.
- Work with schools and staff to coordinate School Nutrition Programs and OST program registrations and referrals.
- Develop educational resources and programming for children.
- Maintain School Nutrition, Summer Nutrition, Young Chefs, manuals, handbooks, materials, and resources.
- Conduct budgeting, statistics, and reporting related activities for each program.
- Prepare and submit monthly debit and credit card reconciliations, Invoice and expense processing, and bi-weekly payroll summaries.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection, and training of Nutrition Support Workers.
- Facilitate communication and foster relationships with e4c team members, school staff, parents, students, and community partners.
Robust Benefits Package
4 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Forward your completed form and a copy of two (2) pieces of government issued ID (one must be a photo ID)
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.