The Site Manager has 2 direct reports and is responsible for a team of 10 staff who provide youth with the stability and supports necessary to address issues related to homelessness, substance use/misuse, and sexual exploitation while effectively coordinating the delivery of safe housing and transitional programming. You play a key role in developing and nurturing community relationships with the youth inside the house and with external stakeholders to foster positive community supports. Site Managers work collaboratively with their team to achieve group goals and objectives and with youth through non-judgmental, harm reduction, trauma-informed, and solution-focused approaches.
- You bring 4+ years of working with the marginalized youth populations.
- You have 2+ years in a supervisory role, experience in a residential setting is an asset.
- You possess post-secondary education in Child and Youth Care (CYC), Social Work, Human Services, or related fields.
- You are non-judgmental, empathetic, flexible, and able to work with initiative and independence.
- You can connect and inspire trust with youth struggling with addictions, poverty, mental health, trauma, LGBTQ2S+, and Newcomers to Canada and/or refugees.
- You can utilize strong crisis intervention/de-escalation training/skills and can remain calm and confident in high pressure, or stressful situations regularly.
- You describe yourself as someone who utilizes a harm reduction, trauma-informed, and person-centered approach.
- You are confident utilizing different computer applications.
- You have the ability to travel to different sites as required using a personal vehicle.
- Review and evaluate youth program plans and outcomes to ensure program fidelity and improvement.
- Support and provide staff with innovative strategies to enhance their work with youth experiencing complex barriers.
- Analyze programming trends through review of incident reports, service delivery, outcomes, goals.
- Lead the evaluation and development of staff performance through regular supervision sessions, performance appraisals, training opportunities, and feedback.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, community members, and external service providers to develop the networks, systems, and social justice to achieve program outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate house/program profile in the community, develop programming or action plans to address gaps or areas of improvement.
- Facilitate audit programming/reporting processes, compile reports and propose recommendations.
- Oversee and evaluate program/house documentation (i.e. CARF, OH&S, policies, and procedures).
- Recruit, orient, and train all staff in partnership with the Youth Housing Program Leads.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Robust Benefits Package
4 Weeks Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Time
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
The below certificates are assets.
Standard First Aid, Suicide Intervention Training, Medication Administration, De-escalation, Harm Reduction, Indigenous Awareness Training, Protection of Sexually Exploited Children’s Act, WHIMIS, and Food Safety.
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check. Applicants seeking a front line role are required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.