Are you an inspiring and dynamic individual with the ability to meaningfully connect and engage with staff, stakeholders, and persons served in a well-established nonprofit organization? Does research and data inspire you? Do you thrive in making sense of complexity? Are you a strategic thinker with a passion to make a difference in people’s lives? If this describes you, our new Strategy Animator position may be for you!
The Strategy Animator is a member of e4c’s strategy team, a trusted advisor to e4c leaders, playing a critical role in internal and external analysis to support strategic decision making and operational execution. This position contributes to and supports e4c’s strategic management process by delivering key insights to enable more informed decisions, address key challenges, and identify new opportunities for growth.
As the ideal candidate, you are curious and approachable, committed to learning alongside colleagues toward a mutual understanding of the local poverty ecosystem. You are creative, determined, and flexible, working in a dynamic and changing strategic environment. You are a skilled communicator facilitating open, patient, and transparent conversation, welcoming and appreciating differing perspectives, and working with diverse stakeholder groups. You are highly motivated with a passion for teamwork, collaboration, problem solving, and advancement of e4c’s mission and vision.
- Facilitate an understanding of e4c’s evolving external environment through environmental scanning, fostering development of external relations, and supporting engagement of persons served and stakeholders
- Facilitating measurement of e4c’s strategic progress through co-development of processes and systems which build the organization’s strategic management capacity for data, research, evaluation, and program and business planning
- Facilitating advancement in e4c’s Strategic Direction and Priorities through supporting activities which contribute to learning from internal organization data and experiences and to the continuous improvement of the organization’s understanding and practice in poverty reduction and our foundational commitments.
- Degree in social sciences, data science, public administration, community development or a related field
- Educated in research, evaluation and/or management
- 3+ years of experience in an organizational-level role with stakeholder engagement, analytics, project management, capacity building and/or strategy
- Experienced working with vulnerable populations
- Organizational savvy in maneuvering through complexity, processes and relationships
- Advanced writing skills in a variety of forms such as briefings, narratives, reports, and papers
- Clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Clear Child Intervention Record Check
- Competitive Industry Wage
- Robust Benefits Package
- RRSP Matching
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Please email your completed form with picture ID to CS.IRCEdmonton@gov.ab.ca