Does personal wellness to you mean much more than physical and mental well-being? Do you see wellness as a dynamic process of change and growth that varies between different individuals? e4c is recruiting for a Wellness Coach that works during the daytime with residents who are looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. You will support residents who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions require enhanced levels of housing support.
Wellness Coaches build relationships with residents through creating a safe and supportive environment, modeling healthy relationships and boundaries, and being a pillar of support in helping residents achieve their own self-identified wellness goals through a person-centered and non-judgmental approach. You will draw inspiration to support residents on personal wellness, self-care practices, wellness, and/or recovery.
- Diploma in the area of human services, education, and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
Required Certification (or willingness to obtain):
- First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training, and Cultural Awareness
- One year of related direct service work/lived experience
- Proven ability to foster a team environment
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength-based, collaborative, and/or solution-focused practice.
- Coach and model nighttime wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Foster a fun, engaging, and non-judgmental environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from the housing program team regarding the progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Build community within the house in collaboration with the Wellness Manager and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to develop community relations.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Facilitate positive relationship-building with neighbors and community members.
- Administers medication for all residents.
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check. Applicants seeking a front line role are required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com