Does personal wellness to you mean much more than physical and mental well-being? Do you see wellness as a dynamic process of change and growth that varies between different individuals? e4c is recruiting for a Wellness Coach that works during the daytime with residents who are looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. You will support residents who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions require enhanced levels of housing support.
Wellness Coaches build relationships with residents through creating a safe and supportive environment, modeling healthy relationships and boundaries, and being a pillar of support in helping residents achieve their own self-identified wellness goals through a person-centered and non-judgmental approach. You will draw inspiration to support residents on personal wellness, self-care practices, wellness, and/or recovery.
- You possess a diploma in Human Services or a related field.
- You bring 1+ years of working with people who are experiencing difficulties relating to trauma, addiction, mental health, or poverty.
- You describe yourself as someone who utilizes a harm reduction, trauma-informed, and person-centered approach.
- You describe yourself as non-judgmental, empathetic, flexible, and able to work with initiative and independence.
- You are able to connect and inspire trust with individuals struggling with addictions, poverty, mental health, and trauma. Prior lived experience is an asset.
- You are confident utilizing different computer applications.
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Foster a fun, engaging, and non-judgmental environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from the housing program team regarding the progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Build community within the house in collaboration with the Wellness Manager and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to develop community relations.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Facilitate positive relationship-building with neighbors and community members.
- Administers medication for all residents.
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Prior to successful employment with e4c, applicants are required to submit a Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check (IRC).
Please apply for your Police Intervention Check with Vulnerable Sector Search via your local RCMP detachment or Edmonton Police Service.
You are encouraged to apply for your Intervention Record Check immediately. There is no cost to apply for an IRC. To access the IRC application form click below. Please email your completed form with two pieces of identification (one picture ID) to CS-IRCrequest@gov.ab.ca
Intervention Record Check Form
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position(s) title you are applying for in the subject line.