Casual Housing Support Staff – Transitional Housing
Are you energetic, passionate and have a dedicated focus on delivering client centered supports related to wellness? This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in social justice, social change, innovation, and collaborative work. e4c’s supportive housing programs provide housing for people in the middle of life transitions, looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. In your role you serve people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
e4c is recruiting for multiple Housing Support staff members for our four supportive housing program sites within the Edmonton Inner City that have recovery oriented services using a harm reduction model, a welcoming environment, inclusive care, and a commitment to excellence. The Housing Support staff member builds reciprocal relationships with residents and through that, models healthy relationships and boundaries. You will work to create a safe environment that is free of judgment and encourages residents to achieve their self-identified wellness goals.
Hours: Schedule is based upon program needs; may require last minute notification to pick up shifts.
Minimum of picking up 1 shift per every two weeks. Shifts may include:
- 4:30pm to 12:00am
- 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 2:00pm to 10:00pm
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
(Due to AHS recommendations, applicants who are working at multiple congregate living or healthcare sites may not be considered.)
Why Join Our Team
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Be supervised and mentored through observation, formal and informal coaching session and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Provide direct care to residents through provision of basic needs, adherence to a harm reduction model, best practices, and client-centered approach.
- Build rapport, supervise, and support residents.
- Model appropriate living and life skills, recreational activities, and daily meaningful activities to enable community connection.
- Assist with client case work through maintaining case records, service plans, other documentation, and communication with program staff.
- Teach and model a spectrum of basic life skills in the home and with residents with an overnight focus.
- Work with crisis intervention team, life skills coordinator, and residents to assist in creating opportunities related to goals within the home.
- Maintain all documentation and ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
- Comply and adhere to legislation, bylaws, standards (health, fire, safety, city etc.) related to health and safety.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders and act as a point of contact.
Education and Certifications
- Some post-secondary training in a human service field AND 6 months of related work experience.
- Police Information Check and Child Intervention Check (willingness to obtain).
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Suicide Intervention
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Posting remains open until pool is filled. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.