Director of Sustainability and Communications
e4c is seeking a Director, Sustainability and Communications to join its leadership team. e4c is a charitable human services organization that moves people toward positive, healthy and lasting change. e4c accepts each person at his or her starting point. e4c works toward addressing the conditions that limit a person’s ability to fully participate in community.
e4c is redefining its leadership model and as such this role has a unique opportunity to be part of that transformation by contributing to the organization in new, non-traditional ways. e4c is seeking an experienced senior leader who will work collaboratively as a member of the leadership team in a fast-paced position that helps set the direction and ensures the health of the organization. The individual is naturally talented at relationship building, using effective communication and engagement, which results in improved sustainability for the organization.
Fostering, growing and enhancing relationships will be a critical success factor for the role. The incumbent will translate broad strategic goals into achievable steps through collaboration with staff, volunteers and leadership. The individual will establish authentic and inclusive relationships with the Chief Executive Officer, staff, volunteers, donors and people from all segments of the community.
- Is progressive and creative in defining, proposing and executing various initiatives that enhance organizational sustainability and donor relations.
- Participates with the leadership team to chart the organization’s future and sustainability.
- Works collaboratively to evolve the brand, marketing, and public relations strategy.
- Coaches and mentors colleagues in the development of related strategies.
- Leads by example and personally takes ownership.
- Recommends policy positions for enhanced sustainability and evolving environment.
- Encourages organizational change and forward thinking.
1st Year Deliverables
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Establishes measurable and value added initiatives under the position’s purview.
- Gains a deep understanding of the current programs, services and individuals served in the organization.
- Ensures deep knowledge in current practices that assist to eliminate poverty.
- Builds trust within the organization by supporting others and demonstrating a willingness to learn.
- Identifies, builds and maintains positive relationships with external organizations.
Education & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with preference for Marketing, Communications or Journalism. A combination of education and training along with extensive experience directly related to this role may be considered.
- 7+ years progressive experience with at least 4 years in a leadership role responsible for organizational sustainability and communications.
- Experience with a fund raising and donor management system. Direct experience with Raiser’s Edge would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Demonstrated experience with various social media platforms.
- Experience with relevant technologies and tools to support efficient and effective execution of job duties.
- Experience working in the vulnerable/not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in major donor cultivation and engagement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to design and deliver non-traditional fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to grow and maintain relationships, communicate and work with donors, foundations and sponsors.
- Ability to motivate, gain commitment from and organize volunteers.
- Applicable Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency, Federal and Provincial Laws as they pertain to charitable work.
- Exceptional written and oral skills.
- Superior leadership, organizational, time, crisis and conflict management skills.
- Critical thinking and effective problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of community organizations.
- Knowledge of the socio-economic environment in which e4c operates.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Thought – Possesses the ability to understand the business, make complex decision and create the new and different
- People – Builds collaborative relationships, optimizes talent and influences people
- Results – Takes initiative, manages execution and focuses on performance
- Self – Is authentic, open, flexible and adaptable
The e4c is a non-profit, charitable organization that has been working for almost 50 years to help vulnerable people here and now. At the same time, we’re working to prevent and eventually eliminate poverty. It’s a big task, but one we know is possible with the help of others who are ready to see the strength we see in the people we serve.
e4c’s values of Courage, Compassion, Commitment, and Connection are fundamental to its business. In addition to these values, e4c emphasizes the importance of culture. The culture at e4c is dynamic in that it is always seeking to improve on its existing state and is focused on:
- Respectful and mission focused conflict resolution;
- Accountability in all that we do;
- Leadership that fosters relationships in a safe environment;
- Promotes self-reflection and high emotional intelligence;
- Systemic transformation: We will not be satisfied until we achieve our vision; and
- Open, and transparent communication.
- Interested candidates, please e-mail your Cover Letter and Resume as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. e4c encourages diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.