Family Support Worker – Early Learning
Do you enjoy working with families and supporting them with their self-identified goals? Are you resourceful, adaptable and want to empower families in becoming their own best advocates? Do you work from a trauma informed approach and have an interest in facilitating play and parent groups to provide goal setting supports, information and community connections for families? e4c is hiring a Family Support Worker who utilizes an assets-building model with families based upon the premise that all families have strength areas that can enhance their livelihood opportunities.
Hours: Full-time. Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm. Evenings and weekends work may be required depending on children and families’ needs.
Why Join Our Team
- Be part of an organization that creates a lasting impact in improving the lives of families.
- Robust benefits program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Be mentored by a Registered Social Worker in a collaborative work environment that is dedicated to your personal and professional growth through supervisory and coaching sessions!
In Your Role You Will
- Schedule and perform home visitations with families in support of identifying and reaching their goals.
- Deliver developmental screenings on children while providing appropriate referrals and supports to families.
- Coordinate and facilitate play and parent groups based upon developmental needs.
- Work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide wrap around communication supports for children.
- De-brief and consult with program partners, inter-agency members and other community stakeholders to network and establish collaborative partnerships.
- Input and manage case documentation on School Cloud database.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Human Ecology, Child and Youth Care, Psychology or equivalencies of work experience and education will be considered.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Requires use of personal vehicle and travel around Edmonton including: valid class 5 driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, vehicle registration and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers is an asset.
- Suicide Intervention.
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health First Aid.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) training.
- 1+ years’ experience working with culturally diverse families experiencing complex needs due to mental health, financial, economic and other social barriers.
- Knowledge and experience working with special needs education, family violence, poverty, addictions, cultural diversity, child development and child disorders.
- Knowledge and experience of working with community resources, partners and social services.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience in a database management system.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team with wrap around supports is an asset.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience and interest in the role:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.