Finance Director: Full-time Job Opportunity
You are a forward thinking, collaborative and earnest CPA who is passionate about your career and have a strong belief in guiding and empowering others. You have demonstrated leadership experience in developing, coaching others and your direct team. You will provide leadership to e4c’s overall financial health and oversee our internal financial controls. You will contribute to the advancement of e4c’s vision, mission and overall strategic plan.
• Lead and coordinate financial planning, budgeting and forecasting of e4c’s $25 million annual operating and capital budget.
• Recommend and provide strategic financial advice including risk retention, financing and investment strategies related to strategic priorities.
• Coordinate 20+ annual audits with external auditors.
• Plan and assess IT systems and infrastructure for efficient financial operations.
• Ensure effective management and internal controls of all financial operations including overlapping funder requirements (3 orders of government, multiple ministries and non-governmental entities), donations as a registered charity, internal processes and systems and funds including security deposits and trust funds.
• Develop and maintain an up to date understanding of e4c operations related to policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems to evaluate risk management and financial planning impacts.
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation, consolidation and review of financial statements.
• Ensure the on-going maintenance and reconciliation of e4c’s GL composed of 40+ segregated funds.
• Monitor and maintain operating cash flow, cash reserves and investments, bank balances across 45+ accounts and verify data integrity in all financial reporting.
• Act as lead contact with e4c’s partner banking institutions.
• Investigate and resolve variances in budgets, reporting, internal controls and general accounting.
• Lead financial operations – weekly accounts payables over $160,000, bi-weekly payroll and benefits cycle for 350+ staff, accounts receivable, sales, fees, rent and donation revenue receipts.
• Complete corporate reporting and government remittances such as GST, payroll, WCB, Charity Return.
Capital Asset Management
• Oversee e4c’s real property portfolio (use, maintenance, preservation, replacement) and related financial and risk planning.
• Lead communication with e4c’s insurer(s) and manages corporate insurance records, coverage and claims.
Qualifications & Experience
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) for a minimum of 2 years.
• 5+ years of progressing accounting, audit and leadership experience and understanding of Not for Profit accounting.
• Strong ability to be detail oriented and strategically perceptive.
Why You Should Apply
• Be a vital part of an impactful non-profit charitable organization that helps vulnerable people here and now, at the same time, working to prevent and eventually eliminate poverty.
• Opportunity to lead and develop a staff team and organizational practices in accounting and capital asset management.
• Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
To apply, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and relevant experience to:
• E-mail: email@example.com
At e4c, we embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all who apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.