Supervisor: Site Coordinator
Program Description: e4c Make Tax Time Pay (MTTP) offers individuals and families with low incomes free tax preparation, information and applications on government benefits and subsidies, as well as financial resource information.
Time, Schedule, and Commitment:
- 3-5 hours a week during the months of March and April
- Each seasonal tax site operates on a different schedule, a variety of shifts are available including daytime, evenings, and weekends.
- Minimum of 4 shifts during tax season
Location: Make Tax Time Pay has various locations in the Edmonton area.
- Provide a safe, welcoming, non-judgemental environment for individuals and families coming to file their taxes
- Welcome each person and ask if they have an appointment at the tax site
- Invite each individual/family to complete an intake form
- Explain to individuals and families how the tax site works
- Provide general support to the Site Coordinator
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Required:
- Friendly, patient, and welcoming demeanor
- Must be able to work with socially and culturally diverse groups experiencing poverty in a welcoming and non-judgemental manner
- Comfortable answering questions in a kind, calm, and professional manner
All MTTP Volunteers, regardless of role must complete these steps to meet e4c’s and Canada Revenue Agency’s security/screening criteria
- Pre-screen phone call with e4c Volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer Application
- Interview with Site Coordinator
- Register with the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)
- Apply for a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) EFILE account
Orientation/Training to be completed:
Greeters will be provided with a 2 hour training session during the month of February that includes an orientation to e4c and our Make Tax Time Pay Program. The training sessions also includes specifics on the role of a greeter in a tax site.
Benefits of the Position:
- Volunteers gain valuable experience and insight working with socially and culturally diverse communities
- An opportunity to directly contribute to supporting the financial wellbeing of Edmonton’s most vulnerable citizens
- Work in a relaxed team environment that promotes relationship building
- e4c can be used as a reference
Why this position is valuable and how it contributes to e4c:
- Directly contributes to the financial well-being of low income individuals and families by supporting them to get tax refunds, tax credits, and government benefits
- Increases e4c’s public profile and relationships with other organizations
For more information and to apply to be a volunteer contact us at: