Housing Relations Specialist – Housing Services
Are you a relationship builder, team player and a housing subject matter expert who is passionate about building relationships with landlords and housing service providers? Do you have specialized knowledge with housing providers related to permanent supportive housing, high intensive supports, subsidized housing, affordable and market housing? e4c has an exciting new opportunity for a Housing Relations Specialist who supports landlords and community members in procuring services and mitigating costs with evictions. You will utilize your strong communication skills and mentorship techniques to support team members during the case management process and ensuring that all Housing First principles are met.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 40 hours per week: requires use of personal vehicle and travel around Edmonton.
Why Join Our Team
- Mentor and empower team members through your case management and housing first principles experience and knowledge!
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, program participants, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
In Your Role You Will
- Source service providers and contractors to bring premises back to original move in condition to mitigate costs to landlords.
- Partner with landlords to negotiate the return of possession of the premises in the event of eviction.
- Support landlords and community members as they navigate the Residential Tenancy Act and Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service.
- Recruit, retain and develop positive relationships with landlords, housing providers and stakeholders in the community.
- Facilitate referrals and applications to housing providers.
- Support programming through training, consultation and collaboration on best housing and case management practices.
- Research community resources and government supports available for the housing team.
- Develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve the efficiency of services to housing providers and persons served.
- Participate in persons served case management and support meetings.
- Train and mentor employees, practicum students, and volunteers in housing principles.
- Lead debriefing and follow-up to critical incidents and/or crisis situations in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Attend community meetings including Homeward Trust Team Lead and Agency Team Lead meetings.
- Submit and monitor exceptional costs requests and budget.
- Maintain current list of service providers with current WCB and insurance, landlords and housing providers in the community.
- Prepare cheque requisitions with necessary supporting reports and/or documentation.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in a human services field, business management or equivalent.
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Suicide Intervention Training
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Intervention Record Check
- Valid Driver’s License, registration and insurance ($2 million dollar liability), and operation of a personal vehicle is required.
- 3+ years’ experience coaching and mentoring experience, including staff leadership, program management, project start-up, expansion, enhancement and innovation.
- 4+ years’ experience related housing service work experience.
- Working knowledge of Housing First standards of practice.
- Strong understanding of social issues including homelessness, harm reduction, sexual exploitation, mental health, addictions, trauma and abuse, Indigenous awareness, and cultural and gender diversity.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and report on outcome based programs.
- Strong understanding of community resources including but not limited to physical health, mental health, addiction, child and family supports, legal supports, cultural supports, income support, and housing options.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Includes Excel, Word, PowerPoint and skills in database management.
Posting Close Date: June 30th, 2021
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.