Human Resources Administrator
Are you an organized, detail-oriented solution focused individual that thrives in fast-paced environment? You have the ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing. e4c is hiring a Human Resource Administrator that is responsible for administering HR responsibilities and supporting the HR team on a day to day basis.
This is a vital link in ensuring accurate and timely information flow and maintaining effective working relationships with the team. You possess an outgoing, positive, facilitative attitude and have well developed interpersonal skills. You are proactive, have sound judgement and decision making skills, and a high degree of flexibility. With a wide range of responsibilities and regular competing priorities, you demonstrate excellence and a get it done attitude with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday.
Why Join Our Team
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools.
In Your Role You Will
Human Resources Administration
- Provide hands-on administrative support for all HR programs and initiatives including: Human Resources, learning and development, recruitment, benefit administration and events.
- Perform data entry into the system for all new hires, status changes, salary changes, leave of absences, return from leave of absences and departures.
- Draft employment verification letters and other documents.
- Assemble materials for new hire orientation sessions.
- Create and manage accurate electronic documentation for employee files.
- Prepare and maintain meeting agendas, records and meeting minutes.
- Drop off and track statuses of Child Intervention Checks.
- Draft, modify and prepare correspondence, memos, emails and presentation materials.
- Order and maintain office supplies and first aid kit inventory.
- Support the coordination of HR training activities and the tracking of training certifications.
- Partner with the Learning and Development team with weekly new hires orientation.
- Post job advertisements through job boards and communication with community organizations.
- Assist in preparing cover letters and employment contracts for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Enter employee new hire information, changes, terminations and changes into Benefits Administrator website.
- Updates, removals and performs employee changes to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Administer enrollments, updates, removals and changes for Critical Illness Insurance and RRSP Program with e4c’s Payroll department.
- Generate various monthly, quarterly and annual reports. (i.e. emergency contacts, training, new hires, departures, etc.)
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Leadership, Management, Business or Psychology.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- CHRP designation or in progress.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Human Resource Administrative role, or equivalent in a fast paced environment.
- Experience using an HRMS software is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR operational policies and procedures, HR systems, office and administration procedures and coordination.
- Resilience – succeeds personally and professionally through the application of a positive, solution focused approach to adversity, disappointment and challenging situation; utilizes multiple techniques to achieve effective performance; is persistent but realistic and displays adaptability in the face of changing circumstances.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in computer skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and database management (HRMS).
- Excellent time management, organizational skills with strong attention to detail, with an ability to multi-task, prioritize day to day work and important projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- A strong work ethic, self-motivated and proactive with a get it done attitude and able to work on own initiative without supervision.
- Reflects on practice and seeks to improve to continuously deliver excellent quality services. Sets high standards of performance of self, assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Proactive and able to assimilate new information quickly.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential day to day operations, and meet deadlines.
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism; must be able to handle all confidential information and sensitive matters with discretion.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Actively participates as a member of the team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest, experience and qualifications to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.