Human Resources Business Partner
- A creative thinker with a positive attitude & outlook?
- A strong dynamic communicator able to collaborate effectively?
- Willing to learn, adapt & grow in a fast paced work environment?
- Passionate about working with people and making a difference in your community?
This exciting new full time role enables you to optimize your unique skill set and your HR knowledge to help shape HR at e4c. You will partner with the managers to provide HR management support, and are the key person agency leaders will go to for operational support. You are a champion and change agent by anticipating HR needs. You collaborate through proactive communication, openness and practical integrated solutions. You build relationships and credibility with your unit leaders by balancing the ‘hands on’ operational needs. You work with the Director HR to support the agency’s culture through its people-oriented programs, initiatives and services.
Why Join Our Team
- This role is a unique opportunity to bring your entrepreneurial and creative spirit to e4c to partner with and enhance the capacity of our leaders across the agency.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and management coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
Business Partnering / Operations
- You understand business strategy and priorities, and their HR implications to help identify and build agency capability, behaviors, structures and processes.
- Work with Managers to identify areas for improvement within programs related to HR operational practices and offer practical solutions.
- Advise leaders on various workplace matters, including development, compensation, benefits, workforce planning, performance management, restructures and application of HR policies.
- Monitor pay adjustments to ensure they are in salary range and compensation program guidelines.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (i.e. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the Director of HR and council as required.
- Provide guidance in matters regarding WCB, Disability Management programs and requests for leave, medical documentation, employee accommodations and return to work programs.
- Analyze trends and metrics with the Director HR and HR team to develop solutions, metrics, programs and policies.
- Assist leaders to manage and resolve employee relations issues, and provide support through objective investigations as required.
- Create, amend, and maintain appropriate employee forms, templates and related administration for employment practices.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance and administration of employee data and files according to legislation and e4c standards.
- In conjunction with the OHS Manager and operational management, ensure H&S program, training, certifications and related requirements are met and adhered to, and in compliance with funder and site regulations.
Relationships / Collaboration
- Develop collaborative relationships in order to understand the programs you support financial position, objectives, culture and HR related needs.
- Maintain a balanced and objective relationships with all agency managers.
- Keep a pulse on culture in departments you support and elevate concerns to HR Director and managers.
Performance Management and Employee Relations
- Provide guidance to managers on coaching, performance, and probationary and annual evaluations.
- Conduct investigations as required with the managers on employee complaints or concerns and provide recommendations.
- Advise managers regarding performance issues and assist in setting and facilitating performance improvement process with employees as needed.
- Review and provide guidance for employment terminations.
- Work with leaders to build and maintain a proactive talent acquisition plan, anticipate recruitment needs, explore recruitment options and actively assist in the recruitment process.
- Direct involvement in professional, key positions and manager recruitment.
- Develop employment contracts for new hires, promotions and transfers for professional, key positions and managers.
- Participate in job analysis, position description reviews and compensation analysis.
- Participate in and lead (as appropriate) employee onboarding activities.
- Track and monitor employee turnover and collaborate with leaders on corrective strategies to improve employee retention.
Learning & Development
- Work with the Director of HR and Learning & Development to identify training needs for programs and individual leadership coaching needs.
- Work with Learning & Development Advisors to share trends, reporting, exit interviews, turnover, engagement and learning needs for the purpose of informing training development.
- Work with Learning & Development Advisors to assist (as appropriate) in the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Work closely with leaders on HR Strategies, change initiatives, change leadership and communication of those changes.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in human resources, business, leadership, or psychology.
- CPHR or in progress.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Business Partner resolving complex employee relations issues.
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience is an asset.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills enabling interaction at all levels.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines and best practices, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, rewards, employee relations, diversity, benefits, HRMS, counselling, development, performance management, legislative bodies.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving, critical thinking and self-initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors using HR best practices.
- Ability to define problems, provide solutions and an action plan.Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
- Experience leading organizational change projects and change leadership.
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in a Microsoft Windows – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and HRMS.
- Relationship Centered – confidence and proven relationship management skills with the ability to effectively partner at all levels; get it done attitude, jump in and be hands-on. Approachable and visible.
- Trusted Advisor – build trust by delivering on promises, follow through on commitments and demonstrate empathy in challenging times.
- Credibility – demonstrates credibility by understanding the operations and range of issues facing managers. Is regarded as someone who walks the talk.
- Business Acumen – a keenness and quickness in dealing with situations in a manner that leads to a good outcomes. Understand the operational needs in order to support as a partner.
- Agility – be flexible and adapt as per the situation, audience and program requirements. Finds creative ways to work with managers, drawing on a range of solutions / methodologies to support program needs.
- Problem Solving Skills – find solutions to difficult or complex issues. Able to cope with ambiguity, stepping outside of own comfort zone and day to day pressures.
- Change Management – Anticipates likely obstacles to implementing change. Strikes an appropriate balance between achieving objectives and managing emotional reactions to change.
- Focus – balance priorities, utilize feedback and proven ability to balance competing priorities. Juggle a variety of activities simultaneously with exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-Belief – a belief in yourself and that you can make a difference in the agency and the people we serve. Questions basic assumptions about self and others in order to heighten learning.
- Strategic Partner – contribute to the development of and accomplishment of program goals, HR goals, operational goals and e4c strategic priorities.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience, qualifications and interest.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.