Human Resources Summer Student – Business Support Services
Are you a post-secondary student in business who is passionate about building a career in Human Resources? Are you detail oriented and have a knack for getting things done? This is an exciting opportunity for a student to be an integral part of our HR team, gain valuable experience and offer support in a variety of functions.
Hours: Day time office hours, full time position for a minimum of 8 weeks beginning May 20, 2019
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals through meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Conduct research and assist the Human Resources team in the development of ongoing projects for our organization.
- Assist Human Resource Director with the implementation of our new Human Resources Management System.
- Assist our Training Department with the preparation of training initiatives and various curriculum development.
- Review and update HR forms to ensure compliance with agency branding techniques.
- Provide recruitment support as needed including creating and managing job advertisements.
Education and Certifications
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education related to Commerce, Business Administration, Management or a related program with a focus in Human Resources. Preferably 3rd or 4th year.
- Must be a full time student and be returning to full-time post-secondary studies.
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- 1+ year of experience in an office related environment and/or combination of education and work experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and interest in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of office administration and data entry.
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong creative thinking skills with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism; must be able to handle all confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
- Balancing conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet deadlines.
- Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com