Learning and Development Advisor
Are you passionate about facilitation and adult learning? Do you love developing curriculum? Do you like to engage with people at all skill levels? This role is a unique opportunity to bring your entrepreneurial and creative spirit to e4c to enhance the learning, knowledge, skills and capacity of our employees across the agency.
You work collaboratively to plan, facilitate and coordinate training and competency based learning programs. Through your relationship building skills, you will assess training requirements and develop curriculum based on employee needs. You play an integral role in designing learning experiences and facilitation.
Why You Should Apply
- Help build a new training department and design quality learning experiences.
- Empower people we support to work towards their own self-identified goals and interests.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
Hours: 40 hours a week; may require some evenings / weekends.
Training Delivery & Development
- Utilize instructional methods such as instructor led classroom, group discussions, role playing, simulations, team exercises, videos and lectures.
- You know your audience and engage them using language that is relevant to e4c’s environment.
- You know that gauging learner comprehension is more about what you hear than what you say.
- You leverage common goals and shared values to establish trust and demonstrate empathy.
- Help develop communication tools to promote training initiatives and increase awareness.
- You evolve your content and delivery to effectively meet the learners’ needs.
- Design and develop customized learning solutions and curriculum including course descriptions, lesson plans, supporting materials, visual materials and relevant assessment tools.
- Perform an inventory and analysis of existing curriculum and conduct gap analysis.
- Attain train the trainer status for mandatory e4c required training (i.e. de-escalation, first aid, intervention, trauma informed practice, harm reduction, cultural competency).
- Develop curriculum and training for each required certification.
- Participate in the analysis of the employee’s specific training needs to make recommendations for new program development and on-the-job specific refreshers that help employees maintain and improve their competencies.
- Create assessments using evaluation methodologies and tools that measure the impact of successful knowledge transfer for internal and external learning programs.
- Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that the training contributes to e4c meeting its goals.
- Review training evaluations, offer suggestions for improvement and highlight any areas of concern.
Needs Assessment and Administration
- Plan, schedule and conduct training, coordinate enrollment and issue certificates.
- Work with Director of HR to create annual training plan, training budget, and monitor monthly.
- Pursue continual learning of personal goals to remain current of industry and training knowledge.
- Develop communication tools to proactively promote participation and the value of e4c’s training.
- Evaluate training activities and outcomes, and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Input, update and assist in the maintenance of employee training files and training records.
- Develop and implement systems of measure and record to track credentials and certifications.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in human resources, education, training, leadership or business.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- CPHR is an asset.
- Institute for Performance and Learning membership is an asset.
- 7+ years’ experience working in human resources, training delivery, teaching, coaching, facilitation, design and development of blended learning solutions, or a combination of both.
- Experience in curriculum development, education program creation, maintenance and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of educational and learning principles, instructional design theory and adult learning methods.
- Demonstrated ability to research through academic, online &/or networking channels.
- Ability to consciously reflect on relevant issues and findings, and integrate these observations and learnings into sound approaches and decisions.
- Knowledge of program coordination and management, including planning, contracting, budgeting and evaluation.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated success using a consultative approach in training to various audiences at all levels.
- Change management experience is an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Includes Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and skills in database management (HRMS).
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative and the ability to think outside the box.
- Self-directed with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Professional, articulate and well spoken, with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Applies advanced problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and proactive problem solving.
- Demonstrate persistence and resilience in the face of obstacles.
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and qualifications for this role:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.