Are you handy, resourceful and skillful when it comes to performing repairs and renovations? Do you possess handyman skills in general building renovations, drywall, plumbing, and electrical repairs? If you have a passion in hands-on work and enjoy building and fixing things in a timely manner, the Maintenance Associate could be the next step in your career!
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and safety inspections of properties operated by e4c. Properties include: apartments, shelters, group homes and main offices within an inner city environment where people may be experiencing homelessness, addictions, mental health and low income needs. You will ensure that properties are well maintained and don’t pose any physical risks to employees, residents and other stakeholders.
Hours: 40 hours per week during office hours.
Why You Should Apply
- Build connections with people and the community through the work that we do.
- Full time position includes: health, dental, 3 weeks’ vacation time, sick/personal time, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- To show your professional work ethic in contributing to a rewarding work environment.
In Your Role You Will
- Maintain all mechanical, electrical, heating, plumbing and alarm systems.
- Perform major maintenance tasks (painting, renovations) and minor household repairs (screens, doors, walls, bolts.)
- Ensure knowledge of building and equipment specifications.
- Purchase required supplies within budgetary guidelines.
- Advise Facilities and Maintenance Manager and Program Managers of upcoming building and maintenance issues.
Education and Certifications
- Completion of technical/trades certificates in: plumbing, electrical, heating/boilers, carpentry, power systems. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Completion of building operator certificate.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of $2 million PLPD insurance, vehicle insurance and operation of personal vehicle required.
- 2+ years of experience in general building repairs.
- Experience in carpentry and handyman skills is an asset including drywall, plumbing, electrical and painting experience.
- Experience working in inner city environment where people may be experiencing homelessness, addictions, mental health and low income barriers is an asset.
- Ability to operate smaller equipment including sweepers, lawn mowers, snow blowers and small tractors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and computer operation.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and relevant experience.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.