Nutrition Support Worker – School Nutrition Program
Are you eager and motivated in modelling what healthy relationships and nutrition based programming looks like with children? This is an exciting opportunity within our school community for a caring role model who is passionate about working with different groups of people! The Nutrition Support Worker is responsible for food service activities including: preparation and service, maintaining food preparation area, equipment, facilities and services to ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 1:30pm during school months.
Location: Delton School (12126 89 Street)
Wage: $15.00 per hour.
In Your Role You Will
- Prepare, coordinate and deliver daily meal and/or snack service to students.
- Plan and receive food orders while maintaining appropriate inventory management processes.
- Maintain clean and sanitary standards for food preparation area, appliances, utensils and equipment, and maintain hygienic and safe standards.
- Perform regular administration of the program including: maintaining and submitting records to the e4c School Nutrition office, reporting on overall program feedback, and coordinating the nutrition program registration process.
- Ensure compliance with all e4c policies and procedure, including appropriate statues and regulations (i.e. public health).
- Attend workshops, in-services, or organization meetings for continued professional growth.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Certifications
- Alberta Food Safety Basics Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Food Safety Alberta Certification or willingness to obtain.
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
Experience and Requirements
- Food handling experience an asset.
- Experience working with children and diverse communities an asset.
- Volunteer experience within a School or Community relating to children an asset.
- Must be able to lift and/or move supplies of up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to use multiple flights of stairs as this school has no elevator accessibility.
Deadline to Apply: February 17, 2020
Please send a Resume to or apply on our website at:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.