Program Assistant – Community and School Based Programs
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you a highly motivated individual that enjoys working with vulnerable populations? Do you have an interest in, children’s programming, financial empowerment or food security? If so, joining our Community Services team might be the opportunity you have been looking for. e4c is hiring a Program Assistant to provide program delivery and administrative support to several important Community and School Based Programs including:
- School Based Nutrition – provides healthy nutritious food each school day to thousands of children/youth experiencing food insecurity.
- Financial Empowerment Programs – supports vulnerable communities and low income people with financial literacy, free tax filing, and income boosting supporting them in their journey to attain financial stability. (Make Tax Time Pay, EmpowerU, and the Financial Empowerment Champions Project)
- Out of School Time provides free out of school time programs, for children and youth that utilize art or nutrition as a means of developing life skills, healthy behaviors and positive relationships.(ArtStart and Young Chefs)
Hours: Monday to Friday for 40 hours per week requiring a use of personal vehicle and travel around Edmonton.
Why Join Our Team
- Help make a difference in your community.
- Be part of a supportive team.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities that support professional and personal growth.
- Full time position includes: health, dental, matching RRSP contributions, sick days, 3 weeks’ vacation, an employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
In Your Role You Will
- Assist in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Be a part of the supervision and coordination of program staff, volunteers, interns and student placements.
- Help facilitators create a positive and supportive learning environment for participants (both adults and children).
- Facilitate, connect with and mentor children and youth from a person centered and trauma sensitive approach.
- Collect and maintain month-end program statistics.
- Prepare and submit payroll, invoices and monthly debit and credit card reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain program documentation and files.
- Organize the inventory and delivery of program materials to program sites.
- Perform office management and administrative duties as required.
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma.
- Enrollment in post-secondary education related to areas of nutrition, education, child and youth care, social work or related programming is an asset.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration, Vehicle Insurance and Driver’s Abstract.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- 1+ years administration or program support.
- Facilitating programs for children/youth.
- Knowledge of food safety and kitchen sanitation procedures.
- Knowledge of fine arts and nutrition is considered an asset.
Posting Closing Date: May 17th, 2021
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.