Program Assistant – Financial Management Hub Program
Are you an organized and detail-oriented administrative professional that thrives in a fast paced environment? Do you excel at providing person centered services with non-judgement and openness with an end goal of ensuring all people are welcomed? e4c’s Financial Management Hub is searching for a Program Assistant who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative support including data entry, record keeping, managing correspondence, maintaining a filing system and overall supporting team members. The Program Assistant is the first point of contact for any inquiries from the community and develops relationships with a variety of stakeholders to build positive community relations.
The Financial Management Hub Program works with individuals and families that are experiencing complex needs related to housing, mental health or financial barriers. Through referrals by the Housing First agency and Alberta Health Services, the Financial Management Hub Program team seeks to empower individuals and their families in achieving their goals!
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week.
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals through meaningful opportunities and positively impact those we serve.
- In-house training opportunities and supervisory sessions to build professional knowledge and skills.
- Full-time position includes: health, dental, sick days, matching RRSP contributions, an employee assistance program, and other work related benefits.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, Hub Program users, general public and community members to build and model positive community relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Respond to telephone, electronic and walk-in inquiries or forward to appropriate team member.
- Support Financial Administrators with day-to-day administrative duties including but not limited to: performing data entry, taking documentation and case notes, handling correspondence, scheduling and confirming appointments, arranging money distribution and distributing transit passes etc.
- Provide general information to team members, persons served and the general public regarding the Financial Management Hub Program’s services.
- Answer general phone inquiries and walk-ins in a professional and courteous manner.
- Operate and maintain multi line telephone and voice mail system, i.e. programming features, setting up new mailboxes, provide technical support to staff.
- Receives, sorts and distributes all incoming deliveries and mail along with coordinating all outgoing mail.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, orders supplies and arranges for servicing of office equipment.
- Sort and file documentation according to established filing systems in a timely and logical manner.
- Sends fax and e-mail documentation to partner agencies and creditors.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in Business Administration, Information Processing or related discipline.
- De-escalation, First Aid and Crisis Intervention Training.
- Must provide clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Use of own reliable vehicle, current vehicle insurance (proof of $2 million dollar liability), current vehicle registration and current driver’s abstract.
- Intervention Record Check
- 1+ years of experience with administrative support and information processing is required.
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer software programs i.e., MS Word; MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Understanding of complex barriers that affect people living on a low-income is an asset.
- Knowledge and use of Database software is an asset. Knowledge and experience with community programs and resources related to financial literacy is an asset.
- Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal relationships. Models and fosters respect and reciprocity with people served in the program, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members through a non-judgmental approach.
- Detail-Oriented: prepare reports from electronic and paper files and ensuring work is accurate and free of errors; able to compile information.
- Communication: Comfortable communicating formally, informally, in groups and one-on-one. Able to actively listen and build on-going support with Hub users.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively and effectively with staff, colleagues, Hub users and stakeholders to achieve collective results; ability to work as part of a team.
- Service Orientation: ability to understand Hub users’ needs and ensure users feel safe and welcomed during their time at the Hub; ability to speak to Hub users and the general public to provide information.
- Flexibility: Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines; strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple priorities.
- Professional – High level of integrity, ethics, boundaries and professionalism; must be able to handle all confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and experience:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.