Program Assistant – Make Tax Time Pay Program
Are you organized, energetic, detail oriented and have a strong interest in working with diverse populations? Do you have coordination, facilitation and volunteer management skills that you’re looking to utilize during the tax preparation season?
The e4c Make Tax Time Pay Program is hiring a Program Assistant that organizes and prepares the delivery of free tax preparation sites and benefits application support in locations across the Edmonton area. You will work alongside the Program Coordinator and volunteers to provide supports to low-income individuals and families who may be experiencing barriers that prevent them from completing their annual income tax returns, accessing government benefits and subsidies or related financial resources.
Hours: January 2020 to June 2020 for 40 hours/week and requires a flexible schedule as weekday evenings and Saturdays will be required during the months of February to April.
Why Join Our Team
- Empower people through meaningful opportunities and positively impact those we walk alongside.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Organize, prepare, and deliver program supplies to tax sites across the Edmonton area.
- Input and maintain spreadsheets of intake forms, site supplies, activities and volunteers.
- Coordinate and facilitate group training sessions for volunteers on tax filing and applying for government benefits.
- Visit tax sites to engage volunteers, help with problem solving, and provide additional mentorship to volunteers.
- Update forms and information sheets in preparation for tax season.
- Assist tax sites with solving tax questions, client challenges, and simple technical issues on an on call basis.
- Coordinate volunteers to ensure community members are being supported.
- Assist community members with booking appointments over the phone.
- Model positive relationship building with community members.
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years of post-secondary education in Human Services, Community Development, Education, or Business fields.
- Must be able to pass CRA tax volunteer screening.
- Use of personal vehicle including: class 5 driver’s license, vehicle registration, vehicle insurance.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- 2+ years’ experience in office administration environment, with focus on administrative tasks
- 1+ year experience working with people experiencing poverty or marginalized populations
- Experience navigating complicated government applications and various documents
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word is required
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your experience, interests and qualifications for this role:
- Email: email@example.com
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.