Program Coordinator – Financial Empowerment
Are you passionate about facilitating financial education related programming to individuals who may be facing personal, economic, social and cultural challenges? Are you a relationship builder who is highly motivated and resourceful who wants to assist people in improving their education, employment prospects, housing stability, money management and their overall quality of life? The Program Coordinator role with the e4c Financial Empowerment Programs could be the next step in your career!
e4c Financial Empowerment Programs include Make Tax Time Pay, EmpowerU, and the Financial Empowerment Champions Project. You will be responsible for the development, coordination, delivery, facilitation and evaluation of e4c Financial Empowerment Programs through engaging presentations and workshops to various individuals and groups. You will work from a person centered and trauma informed approach to facilitate financial training and expand relationships with organizational groups and partners.
Hours: Full-time position: 40 hours per week: weekends and evenings hours may occasionally be required for program support and events and if required, a flex schedule will be accommodated.
Why Join Our Team
• Empower individuals through meaningful opportunities related to financial education.
• Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
• In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
• Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
• Support the development, implementation and on-going management of the Financial Education Program in collaboration with members of the Financial Empowerment team.
• Facilitate financial education (presentations and workshops)/training to a diverse population of participants and e4c program staff in group and individual settings at various locations.
• Oversee the delivery and expansion of the Make Tax Time Pay (MTTP) community tax preparation program to match e4c’s strategic vision.
• Engage with community resources to represent, discuss and/or establish collaborations, partnerships, or other services with a focus on improving services to participants.
• Participate in a comprehensive orientation and training program for e4c volunteers.
• Create, modify and adapt materials for tax and benefit programs, financial education, training, workshops and presentations.
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders and attend relevant community meetings to represent the financial empowerment program.
• Administer survey and evaluation tools, collect results and generate reports.
Education and Certifications
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as Business, Human Services, Education, Human Ecology, Communications, Political Science or relevant disciplines.
• Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
• Intervention Record Check.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
• Must have a reliable vehicle and willing to travel to all parts of the Edmonton Area.
• Proof of vehicle insurance (proof of $2 million dollar liability), registration, and 3 year drivers abstract.
• 2+ years’ experience working in a related field and/or a combination of education and work experience.
• Experience with program coordination, group facilitation and individual coaching.
• Familiarity in working with indigenous culture, history and social barriers experienced by culturally diverse groups experiencing poverty.
• Experience with community development, program development, data collection and program evaluation.
• Knowledge of government social support systems and basic financial concepts.
• Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technology tools.
• Teamwork – Supports a positive team environment through the ability to work cooperatively, respectfully and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
• Personal Effectiveness – the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
• Quality – Provides exceptional customer service and high quality financial empowerment programming, while seeking ways to improve and enhance.
• Commitment to Values of e4c –Demonstrates compassion for every individual and strives to build positive relationships with persons served and community partners.
• Professionalism and Accountability – ability to demonstrate enthusiasm for and commitment to financial empowerment programs and accepts responsibility for personal actions.
• Service Orientation – an understanding of persons served needs and strives to meet expectations. Highly motivated, dedicated, and compassionate individual.
Please ensure that your application consists of a thoughtful Cover Letter and Two-Page Resume, failure to do so will result in your application being screened out.
• Email: email@example.com
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.