Program Coordinator – School Based Programs
Are you interested in working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that coordinates and delivers school based programs for children and youth? e4c is hiring a Program Coordinator that focuses on the planning and coordination of school based programs including: school nutrition (lunch and snack) and out of school time programs (ArtStart and Young Chefs). You will focus on working cooperatively with support staff, volunteers and participants to provide high quality skill building programming!
You will be responsible for the coordination, administration, on-going support, and delivery of the e4c school based programs operating within assigned schools. You will develop strong lateral working relationships through actively supervising and coordinating nutrition support staff, program volunteers and student placements while ensuring program goals and outcomes are achieved.
Hours: Monday to Friday for 40 hours per week requiring a use of personal vehicle and travel around Edmonton.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
In Your Role You Will
- Supervise and coordinate Nutrition Support Staff, program volunteers, and student placements.
- Support School Snack Schools in menu development, Alberta Nutritional Guidelines for Children and Youth and ensuring food and safety handling and practices are met.
- Deliver ArtStart, Young Chefs and Summer Nutrition Programs to school children including: coordinating volunteers, liaising with schools, gathering supplies and materials for program delivery.
- Mentor, train and supervise Nutrition Support Workers about: menu development, organizing kitchen workspaces, food ordering system, food safety & handling procedures, HR and administrative support.
- Work with schools and staff in coordinating School Nutrition Programs and OST Programs with program registration processes.
- Maintain School Nutrition, Summer Nutrition, Young Chefs and ArtStart handbooks, materials and resources.
- Update and maintain contact lists including staff, schools, volunteers and community partners.
- Plan and facilitate staff meetings.
- Generate program reporting statistics and maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Facilitate communication and foster relationships with e4c team members, school staff, parents, students and community partners.
Education and Certifications
- Post-secondary education in Education, Child Development, Child and Youth Care, Nutrition, Food Science, Community Development or other related fields.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Vehicle Insurance ($2 million liability), Registration, Driver’s Abstract.
- AHS Food Handler Certification, First Aid/CPR, Trauma Informed, Harm Reduction and Mental Health First Aid is an asset.
- 3+ years’ experience coordinating and running multiple programs and stakeholders within a school setting geared towards children/youth.
- 1+ year of experience in a position that required on-going supervision/management of staff or volunteers.
- Experience working with school communities, children and diverse communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of Food Security within a School Setting.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, written and computer skills.
- Equivalencies may be considered with a combination of work experience and education.
When applying, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and relevant experience:
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.e4calberta.org
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.