Are you passionate about facilitating financial education related programming to individuals who may be facing personal, economic, social and cultural challenges? Are you a relationship builder who is highly motivated and resourceful who wants to assist people in improving their education, employment prospects, housing stability, money management and their overall quality of life? The Program Coordinator role with the e4c Financial Empowerment Programs could be the next step in your career!
e4c Financial Empowerment Programs include Make Tax Time Pay, EmpowerU, and the Financial Empowerment Champions Project. You will be responsible for the development, coordination, delivery, facilitation and evaluation of e4c Financial Empowerment Programs through engaging presentations and workshops to various individuals and groups. You will work from a person centered and trauma informed approach to facilitate financial training and expand relationships with organizational groups and partners.
Hours: Full-time position: 40 hours per week: Programming will take place outside of regular business hours; evenings and weekends work and last minute notification to travel will be required and it is expected that you modify your schedule accordingly.
Why Join Our Team
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Full-time position includes health, vision, dental, RRSP contributions, personal/sick days, employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Support the development, implementation and on-going management of the Financial Education Program in collaboration with Financial Empowerment team.
- Facilitate financial education (presentations and workshops)/training to a diverse population of participants and e4c program staff in group and individual settings at various locations.
- Oversee the delivery and expansion of the Make Tax Time Pay (MTTP) community tax preparation program to match e4c’s strategic vision.
- Engage with community resources to represent, discuss and/or establish collaborations, partnerships, or other services with a focus on improving services to participants.
- Build and facilitate a comprehensive orientation and training program for volunteers.
- Create, modify and adapt materials needed for tax and benefit programs and financial education training.
- Work with other members of the Community Services team to establish Financial Education Programs with partner schools.
- Partner with other agencies, government committees and community groups to understand and advocate around financial security issues.
Education and Certifications
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, Child and Youth Care, Education, Human Ecology, Adult Education, Community Support or related fields is an asset.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proof of vehicle insurance (proof of $2 million dollar liability), registration, and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and willing to travel to all parts of the Edmonton Area.
- 4+ years’ experience working in a related field and/or a combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with program coordination, group facilitation, individual coaching and working with socially, economically and/or culturally diverse groups experiencing poverty and the social barriers faced by these communities.
- Experience with community development, program development, data collection and program evaluation.
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts.
- Knowledge of government social support systems and tax law is an asset.
- Familiarity with Edmonton’s Plan to End Poverty in a Generation, financial coaching tools and community resources.
- Teamwork – Supports a positive team environment through the ability to work cooperatively, respectfully and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Personal Effectiveness – the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Quality – Provides exceptional customer service and high quality financial empowerment programming, while seeking ways to improve and enhance.
- Commitment to Values of e4c –Demonstrates compassion for every individual and strives to build positive relationships with persons served and community partners.
- Professionalism and Accountability – ability to demonstrate enthusiasm for and commitment to financial empowerment programs and accepts responsibility for personal actions.
- Service Orientation – an understanding of persons served needs and strives to meet expectations. Highly motivated, dedicated, and compassionate individual.
Please ensure that your application consists of a thoughtful Cover Letter and Two-Page Resume, failure to do so will result in your application being screened out.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.