Relief Nutrition Support Worker – School Nutrition Program
Are you eager and motivated in modelling what healthy relationships and nutrition based programming looks like with children? This is an exciting opportunity within our school community for a caring role model who is passionate about working with different groups of people! The Relief Nutrition Support Worker is responsible for food service activities including: preparation and service, maintaining food preparation area, equipment, facilities and services to ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
Hours: Relief (Pick up shifts when they’re available): typically 8:30am to 1:30pm: minimum 3 hour shifts during school days.
Location: Various northside schools.
Wage: $15.00 per hour.
In Your Role You Will
- Prepare, coordinate and deliver daily meal and/or snack service to students.
- Plan and receive food orders while maintaining appropriate inventory management processes.
- Maintain clean and sanitary standards for food preparation area, appliances, utensils and equipment, and maintain hygienic and safe standards.
- Perform regular administration of the program including: maintaining and submitting records to the e4c School Nutrition office, reporting on overall program feedback, and coordinating the nutrition program registration process.
- Ensure compliance with all e4c policies and procedure, including appropriate statues and regulations (i.e. public health).
- Attend workshops, in-services, or organization meetings for continued professional growth.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Certifications
- Alberta Food Safety Basics Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Food Safety Alberta Certification or willingness to obtain.
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Food handling experience an asset.
- Experience working with children and diverse communities an asset.
- Volunteer experience within a School or Community relating to children an asset.
Please send a Resume to or apply on our website at:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.