Senior Accountant – Business Support Services
As a Senior Staff Accountant within e4c, this role is ideal for someone who wants to gain diverse experience and has a social responsibility spirit. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded to this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional who is ready for that next career move!
You will be challenged with increasingly important audit, accounting and analysis activities for e4c. You will be challenged with the planning and organizing engagements to meet deadlines; recognizing, analyzing and proposing sound alternatives and conclusions; understanding our diverse agency’s needs, and mentoring and developing junior staff. This is an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
You have an aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with employees at all levels. You will handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over you work, and produce high-quality deliverables within set timelines.
Why Join Our Team
- Full time position includes health, dental and other work related benefits.
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
In Your Role You Will
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and monitor organizational / management compliance with policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Capital assets reconciliation and monitor capital project activity.
- Provide strategic analysis, as required to drive improved decision making.
- Provide advice and guidance on accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform Ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis as required to support senior management in the decision-making process including gathering and summarizing financial and non-financial data.
- Develop, modify, and maintain record keeping and reporting systems for varied and complex sources of funding.
- Analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data, and recommending actions. You will conduct financial, statistical and analytical assessments, including revenue / cost forecasting, risk analysis and financial reports. Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Assist the Finance Manager in external year-end audit analysis including financial reconciliations, analysis of the GL’s and the preparation of Financial Statements.
- Participate in the external auditor review process, perform additional analysis, support and any required documentation.
- Develop procedures for implementation, execution, control and review / audit of programs.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships across all level of organization’s department and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- CPA Designation.
- Police check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- 6+ years’ experience as a financial analyst or in a related-financial position.
- 2+ years’ experience providing leadership, mentorship and coaching to other team members.
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and packages.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis.
- Strong cost accounting background / experience along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws and business environments.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in spreadsheets, databases, MS office and financial software applications.
- Knowledge of applicable charitable legislation: municipally, provincially and federally.
- Experience working in non-profit or social services sector is an asset.
Posting Closing Date: June 28th, 2021
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.