Senior Director – Community/School Based Programs
This is a great opportunity to lead community-based non-profit community programs located in Edmonton, Alberta. With an overall $20million yearly budget, strong financial operations, and a vibrant diverse workforce, e4c has built a solid reputation with over 48 years of successfully supporting people in our community where they are at. e4c fosters partnerships with government, business, other agencies, health care professionals, faith communities and academics to find ways to support the people we serve. Through our program focus areas in food security, shelter and housing, community connections, education and skill development we strive to eliminate and ultimately alleviate poverty in Edmonton.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director of Community/School Based Programs is a key member of the executive leadership team and has the overall accountability to delivery of e4c’s Community/School Based programs. Leading a team of three direct reports (Program Managers: Early Learning, Community Services, Financial Management HUB) and a total team compliment of 130, the Senior Director is responsible for an $8.3 Million operating budget. All of e4c’s community and school-based programs are under the leadership of the Senior Director, Community/School Based Programs.
These community and school-based programs serve a total of 14,000 unique individuals (8000+ children and 6000+ adults) throughout the capital region and includes:
- Daily meal and/or snack for 6900 + students across 25+ socially vulnerable schools
- Daily snack for 600+ children in summer programs
- Weekly afterschool programming for 550+ students across 8 schools
- Full-year early learning and family supports for 400+ families with pre-school aged children across 8 sites
- Financial management support for 400+ person who need help to manage their personal finances
- Tax filing and benefits assistance for 5000+ lower income persons
Hours: Full time position 40 hours a week
Who You Are
- You are a high potential leader who can demonstrate the people, organizational, and strategic skills to achieve timely change in a manner which is aligned with the agency’s longstanding values.
- You have well-developed team leadership, mentoring, and development skills.
- You have the strong organizational change competencies that are required to achieve success in our agency. We are evolving from programs operating in isolation from each other, to developing an integrated model that ensures a team approach is taken to service delivery, and that e4c’s persons served can access the range of its services in a simple and accessible manner.
- You demonstrate well developed strategic and planning skills, and show an impressive record of having successfully delivered these strategies in challenging environments.
- You have demonstrated successful and innovative delivery of human services programs. This experience may have been gained in the not-for-profit, government agencies, or commercial sector.
You will be Responsible for
Team Leadership and Management
- You will play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the agency across multiple sites in coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team.
- how to proactively engage in planning to improve program management.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward agency goals, working with team to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Establish annual program, departmental and team goals & objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability for performance.
- Provide leadership in program delivery relating to Early Learning, School Based Programs, Financial Empowerment and Financial Management HUB.
Business Practice and Management
- Lead quality evaluation and improvement planning in programs’ business practices, service delivery and information management areas.
- Assess and develop infrastructure, frameworks and key processes that will ensure that best practices, scope of responsibility and quality programming.
- Monitor operational efficiency and facilitates resource sharing across programs.
- Monitor compliance with regards to regulatory, contractual, and accreditation requirements. Ensure timely and accurate reporting to e4c leadership, funders, and regulatory bodies.
- Maintain sound awareness of issues and trends that may have an impact on the Agency, its programs and service users.
Liaison and Advocacy
- Develop and ensure maintenance of strategic partnerships and collaborations that are beneficial to program delivery, persons served, communities and coherent with e4c’s mission, philosophy, practices and plans.
- Timely and accurate reporting as dictated by contractual agreements and regulatory requirements.
Education and Certifications
- Degree in the area of human services, psychology, administration or similar.
- Master’s degree in Human Services, Education, Community Development or related field is an asset.
- Ongoing education and development in the areas of human services delivery, social justice, information management, quality assurance, program evaluation or similar.
- Police Information Check including vulnerable sector.
- Youth Intervention Check.
- 8+ years’ leadership experience at a senior level, including team leadership, management of multiple programs, project management, quality improvement and change management.
- Significant experience in setting strategic direction at program and agency level.
- Demonstrated understanding of not for profit stewardship responsibilities and the critical role of the agency’s Board of directors.
- Extensive experience and a strong track record of success working within a school based / community services environment.
- Solid background in leading/developing programs to serve community and school-based populations.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated competency in the development and administration of complex budgets.
- Proven experience working with contract funders and levels of government.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes.
- Well defined belief in the fundamental value of persons and social justice.
- Knowledge of harm reduction, trauma informed practice, ESL, mental health, food security, human rights and diverse culture.
- Leadership Skills – has demonstrated the ability to lead, coach and motivate others involved in program delivery. Will demonstrate an open and inclusive leadership style.
- Change Management – a proactive leader who can unite the team on a program of change and ensure its successful delivery.
- A Role Model for the Agency – exemplifies the values and principles of e4c in an executive leadership capacity both internally and externally. Demonstrates maturity, professionalism, discretion and reliable judgment.
- Focused on Results – understands what is important to persons served, partners, employees and stakeholders, and is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and success of assigned functions, and e4c as a whole.
- Inspires Confidence – establishes credibility, respect, and builds strong working relationships with agency managers, employees, and external stakeholders. Works in a collaborative and solutions-focused manner to achieve outcomes that align best with the needs of the people served and agency objectives.
- Political Astuteness – demonstrates a deep understanding of agency and community dynamics and how to influence and build relationships in complex environments.
- Demonstrates Passion and Integrity – approaches work in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards. Sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others.
How to Apply
- Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.