Site Manager – Housing Services
Are you a change seeker, pro-active community builder, have demonstrated experience in leading through person-centered approaches and have a passion in supporting people experiencing complex needs? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment that challenges you to provide non-judgmental, strengths-based leadership to those you serve?
e4c is looking for a Site Manager who will oversee and manage program delivery, partner with community stakeholders to enhance quality of service, integrate multi-disciplinary service providers, and play a critical role in translating new strategies into the overall operations of the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre. You will enhance staff capacity and competence while supporting the overall change management journey of the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre. You will instill your leadership experience and partnership vision to achieve program goals, build internal capacity and minimize barriers for persons serve at WEAC.
The Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre (WEAC) is an emergency shelter for up to 64 women and is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and 365 days of the year. WEAC serves as an entry point to emergency and crisis housing, meals, personal hygiene care, laundry and on-site access to medical and mental health supports. e4c is looking for a multi-faceted leader who will oversee and manage program delivery, partner with community stakeholders to enhance service operations and integrate multi-disciplinary service providers. WEAC is undergoing a transformation where you will play a critical role in translating new strategies into its overall operations and implement recommendations brought forth by an advisory panel to achieve service outcomes and objectives.
Why Join Our Team
- Full time position includes: health, dental, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks vacation, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits. (This position may require on-call responsibilities where you will be required to modify your schedule accordingly.)
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties as a leader.
- Supervise and mentor a team of diverse individuals through observation, the recognition of successes in support of building upon their professional capacities.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, shelter users, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
- Manage program operational cycle and plan service delivery to achieve program goals and outcomes.
- Assess and develop infrastructure, frameworks and key processes that will ensure best practices, scope of responsibility and quality programming.
- Coordinate program information through the management of client and program personnel information; preparation of summary reports of activities and statistics; and communication and consultation with stakeholders and relevant parties.
- Operates in a high-paced environment managing moderate to significantly complex crises.
- Debrief and follow-up on critical incidents and/or crisis situations in conjunction with direct reports and program team.
- Establish an evaluation method and ensure evaluation analysis is incorporated into continuous improvement of program.
- Engage with community resources to represent, discuss and/or establish collaborations, partnerships, or other services to improve services for person served.
- Build and manage budgets, funder requirements and reporting deadlines.
- Collaborate with other e4c programs to build capacity internally and minimize barriers to e4c programs for person served.
- Recruit, orient, and train new employees in partnership with Human Resources and the program leadership team.
- Support direct reports through regular supervision and coaching.
- Ensure implementation of safety practices and protocols in collaboration with the Occupational Health and Safety Manager.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in a Human Services Field or equivalent.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain):
- Standard First Aid
- Medication Administration
- Harm Reduction
- Trauma Informed
- Aboriginal Awareness
- Extensive background and experience working with people requiring higher levels of support due to complex trauma, addictions, mental illness, and/or poverty.
- Full competency and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, strength based, collaborative, relationship-based, evidence based and/or solution focused practices.
- 8+ years’ of progressive leadership experience, including staff leadership, program management, project start-up, expansion, and innovation.
- Experience building and managing budgets.
- Experience implementing accreditation standards, program evaluations, meeting contractual requirements.
- Working knowledge of facility management.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, PowerPoint and skills in database management.
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.