Site Manager – Young Adult Transitional Housing
Are you seeking a leadership opportunity related to social justice, social change, innovation and collaborative work? Do you have a passion in engaging with youth (ages 16-25) within a de-institutionalized residential setting in the inner city and want to actively be a part of their coming of age stories? If you identify as motivated, an out of the box thinker and a team player – the Site Manager role could be the next leadership step in your career!
As Site Manager, you will provide key supports to persons served who, due to histories of trauma, mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support. You will focus on ensuring day-to-day program operations and practice standards are collaboratively met through the successes of a multi-disciplinary team. You will play a key role in building relationships through non-judgmental, harm-reduction, trauma informed and person-centered approaches through modelling and coaching.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm with potential evenings and weekends work.
Why Join Our Team
- Full time position includes: health, dental, matching RRSP, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties as a leader.
- Support a team of like-minded individuals through observation, the recognition of successes and building upon their professional capacities.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
- Manage program operational cycle and plan service delivery to achieve program goals and outcomes.
- Review care plans and life skills goals with multidisciplinary team to ensure programming reflects the needs and diversity of participants.
- Support staff in their role by observing performance, recognizing successes, providing constructive feedback and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Recruits personnel in conjunction with the e4c Human Resources Department.
- Coordinate program information through the management of client and program personnel information; preparation of summary reports of activities and statistics; and communication and consultation with stakeholders and relevant parties.
- Financial management of invoices, debit reconciliation, handling cash, financial records and overall management of house finances and ensuring adherence to agency financial practices.
- Prepare required reports and annual budget projections for effective and efficient program planning and ongoing review.
- Debrief and follow-up on critical incidents/crisis situations required to provide support and ensure proper protocol was followed to minimize future incidents.
- Builds community for staff and residents through the facilitation of integrated activities, programming, events, and ongoing relationship building.
- Maintain accreditation, licensing, and accommodation standards by monitoring all house documentation and communications.
Education and Certifications
- Degree or Diploma in the area of Human Services, Education and/or Administration.
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Required: First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance, Registration and 3 year Drivers Abstract.
- Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness
- 5+ years relevant supervisory experience with exceptional leadership skills.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment and provide reflective supervision to team members.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.