Site Manager – Youth Housing Program
Are you enthusiastic about working with youth (ages 14-17) and helping them discover their pathway towards adulthood? Do you identify yourself as being collaborative, flexible and goal-oriented – all while ready to take upon a leadership path? e4c’s Youth Housing Program is looking for a Site Manager due to a recent internal promotion! The Youth Housing Program offers a double staffing model in each of the three houses in our Youth Housing Program to better walk alongside the youth we serve.
You have 2 direct reports and are responsible for a team of 10 staff who provide youth with the stability and supports necessary to address issues related to homelessness, substance use/misuse and sexual exploitation while effectively coordinating the delivery of safe housing and transitional programming. You play a key role in developing and nurturing community relationships with the youth inside the house and with external stakeholders to foster positive community supports. You work collaboratively with your team to achieve group goals and objectives and with youth through a non-judgmental, harm reduction, trauma informed and solution focused approaches.
Why Join Our Team
- Full time position includes health, dental, RRSP, employee assistance program.
- In-house training opportunities and supervisory sessions to build knowledge and skills.
- Supervise and mentor a team of diverse individuals through observation, the recognition of successes in support of building upon their professional capacities.
In Your Role You Will
- Review and evaluate youth program plans and outcomes to ensure program fidelity and improvement.
- Support and provide staff with innovative strategies to enhance their work with youth experiencing complex barriers.
- Analyze programming trends through review of incident reports, service delivery, outcomes, goals.
- Lead the evaluation and development of staff performance through regular supervision sessions, performance appraisals, training opportunities and feedback.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, community members, and external service providers to develop the networks, systems and social justice to achieve program outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate house/program profile in the community, develop programming or action plans to address gaps or areas of improvements.
- Facilitate audit programming/reporting processes, compile reports and propose recommendations
- Oversee and evaluate program / house documentation (i.e. CARF, OH&S, policies and procedures).
- Recruit, orient and train all staff in partnership with the Youth Housing Program Leads.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in Child and Youth Care (CYC), Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check prior to starting.
- Reliable, registered vehicle (willingness to use), Class 5 Driver License, a recent driver’s abstract and valid insurance including two million dollar liability coverage.
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain): Standard First Aid, Suicide Intervention Training, Medication Administration, De-escalation, Harm Reduction, Indigenous Awareness Training, Protection of Sexually Exploited Children’s Act.
Hours: Monday to Friday office hours, flexibility required, participation in on-call rotation including evenings, weekends and overnights.
- 4 + years’ experience working with marginalized youth populations
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory / leadership capacity, experience in a residential setting considered an asset.
- Full competency and experience of harm reduction, sexual exploitation, abuse, substance use/misuse, mental health, homelessness, indigenous culture, LGBTQ2S+ issues and resources, resiliency, trauma-informed approach and solution focused practice.
- Demonstrated experience de-escalating crisis and potentially violent situations with individuals under the influence of drugs or alcohol, under extreme stress &/or struggling with acute/chronic mental health crises.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, database applications and computer operation.
- Communication – The ability to understand and be understood using appropriate communication tools and techniques. Communicate respectfully with others from diverse backgrounds and from all levels while accommodating differences while using a non-judgmental, empathic, and flexible approach.
- Collaboration – Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners. Foster respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c employees, external service providers and community members. Uses an intentional, reflective practice model in work with others.
- Accountability –Takes personal accountability to deliver the best service by demonstrating best practice behaviors following organizational policy and procedures, CARF standards, OH & S, and Government of Alberta Licensing protocols. Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior– a clear understanding of ethical and business practices, and commitment to upholding agency values, policies and procedures
- Service Orientation– an understanding of clients’ needs and strives to meet or exceed client expectations. Respond to innovative ideas in an effort to effectively problem solve for resolution.
- Performance Management– the ability to effectively plan and manage the performance of staff and to develop skills and abilities of staff over time.
- Innovation– ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.