Speech Language Pathologist – Early Learning
Are you a Speech Language Pathologist who is seeking a meaningful opportunity in working alongside children to prevent or reduce the impact of communication delays or disabilities they are experiencing? You will have the opportunity to work directly hands-on with a caseload of up to 25 children and be actively involved in the growth journeys of the children, families and teams that we work with.
Hours: During school months (September to June): Monday to Friday.
Compensation: Competitive Wage starting at: $45.00 per hour.
Why Join Our Team
- Full time position includes health, dental, RRSP, personal/sick days, training and association fees budget and other work related benefits.
- Be coached and mentored by a Professional Practice Leader and team of Speech Language Pathologists!
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
In Your Role You Will
- Engage in an ongoing process of assessment, diagnosis, and intervention to a caseload of 25 children with communication and other developmental delays.
- Provide a combination of direct (e.g., one-on-one, group) and indirect (e.g., classroom consultation, parent teaching) therapy to facilitate communication, social, and emotional development
- Assess and report on the communication skills of preschool children from households with low incomes, including children who are bilingual or English Language Learners.
- Contribute to the development and review of IPPs for each child who receives Program Unit Funding.
- Mentor and educate team members and parents about general communication development and intervention strategies, and the specific needs of their children. Opportunities will be both formal (e.g., presentations) and informal (e.g., team meetings).
- Work collaboratively with community partnerships and resources such as CASA, Alberta Health Services and Occupational Therapy.
- Partner with team members to complete appropriate referrals to external agencies (e.g., Alberta Health Services Audiology, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Voice Clinic)
Education and Certifications
- Masters’ Degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
- Current registration with ACSLPA.
- Current First Aid and CPR (or willingness to obtain).
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract.
- Interest in working with pre-school aged (2.5 to 5 years) children.
- Interest in working with socially, economically, and / or culturally diverse children and their families.
- Interest in working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Multi–Disciplinary Approach – a component which identifies ‘what people need to possess and ‘what they need to achieve’ in the workplace; an ethical component concerned with integrating knowledge of culture, values and social awareness into professional practice; a component that emphasizes self-reflection in action; the capability to effectively implement evidence-based interventions in the service configurations of a modern best practices; and a commitment to working with new models of professional education and responsibility for lifelong learning.
- Teamwork – the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Communication – the ability to understand and be understood by individuals and groups using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovative – the ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities.
- Personal Effectiveness – the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior – a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
- Service Orientation – an understanding of clients’ needs and strives to meet or exceed expectations.
- Results Driven – understands the performance requirements of the role and is accountable to deliver results.
When applying, please provide a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.