Summer Student – Finance
Are you a business student who is interested in building a career in Accounting and Finance? Are you a post-secondary student who is detail oriented, willing to learn and passionate about working with numbers? This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our Finance team with an opportunity to gain valuable experience and offer support in a variety of payroll and financial functions.
As a Finance Summer Student, you will be responsible for maintaining an efficient and accessible filing system, as well as gathering material, sorting and arranging it. You will also process and monitor payments and expenditures. Provide these services in an accurate and efficient manner. Provide supporting documents to auditors. Learn about zero based budgeting and prepare budget and cash flow templates.
Hours: Day time office hours, full time position for a minimum of 8 weeks.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Provide supporting documents during the audit.
- Budget and cashflow template preparation.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions from programs.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices and coding payment documents.
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing.
- Maintain listing of accounts receivable and payable.
- Maintain the filing system for all financial documents.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files.
Education and Certifications
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education related to Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or a related program with a focus in Accounting or Finance.
- Preferably 3rd or 4th year students.
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- 1+ year of experience in an office related environment and/or combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of office administration, bookkeeping procedures and data entry.
- Willingness to learn.
- Experience with an Accounts Payable and Receivable System is an asset.
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and experience to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.