Support Worker – McCauley Group Homes
e4c is excited to introduce a double staffing model for our McCauley Group Homes! Are you passionate in supporting residents in discovering their own journeys towards wellness, recovery and self-care practices? Do you have creative ideas in supporting residents with their daily routines and wellness related programming? If you’re a wellness champion that utilizes a holistic approach in supporting people who are currently experiencing addictions, trauma and related mental health, then the Support Worker could be the next opportunity in your career! You will incorporate aspects of physical, mental emotional and spiritual wellness to create a safe and engaging environment for residents within the McCauley community.
Hours: Temporary Position for 6 months from Monday to Friday 3:00pm to 11:00pm
Due to AHS recommendations, applicants who are working at multiple congregate living or healthcare sites will not be considered.
Wage: $16.42 per hour.
Why Join Our Team
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the homes and with residents.
- Implement and coordinate resident recreational activities that align with service care plans.
- Foster a fun and engaging environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Maintain service care plans and other necessary documentations in relation to resident and facility updates, ensuring appropriate file management procedures are followed.
- Support residents with housekeeping duties including: daily meal preparation, cleanliness of living arrangements and overall environment as necessary.
- Compile and adhere to legislation, bylaws, standards (health, fire, safety, city and accreditation) by reporting any potential safety hazards, performing emergency procedures and responding to security and emergent issues.
- Administer medication for program residents.
- Work with the other staff to build community within the house and to develop good community relations.
- This position requires flexibility, an ability to adapt and function in potentially high stress environments. Potential exposure to: violent/aggressive situations, drugs and/or alcohol, cigarette smoke and bed bugs.
- This position requires periodically handling, moving office/agency/participants’ materials and equipment and periodic yard maintenance and snow removal work.
Education and Certifications
- Some post-secondary training in a human services related field and 6 months of related work experience or equivalencies will be considered.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Certification (or willingness to obtain):
- First Aid and CPR.
- Medication Administration.
- Food Safety.
- Participation in AHS Personal Protective Equipment and You E-Learning Course must be completed prior to employment.
- Working knowledge of inner city, homelessness, poverty, mental health, addiction, prostitution, abuse and multicultural issues.
- Proven ability to build, maintain, and model healthy relationships, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, empathy, and initiative.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination and poverty is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of social and health related community resources available to residents.
- Demonstrated ability to mediate and resolve conflict.
- Proven ability to practice: relationship-based approaches, respectful and collaborative approaches.
- Awareness of and desire for reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- A strong understanding and desire for social justice.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your availability, interest and experience to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.