Teacher – Early Learning
Are you an Alberta Certified Teacher that is passionate in working with children (ages 2.8 to 5) with additional needs to ensure their successful transition into kindergarten? Do you identify as a leader in the classroom that is interested in developing play based programming to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve? e4c is recruiting for a Teacher during school months (September to June) that supports case planning for individualized learning plans and works collaboratively with children, families, classroom staff and community stakeholders.
Hours: Positions run during school months (September to June) from Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm with potential evenings work.
Location: Athlone School – 12940 129 Street NW
Why Join Our Team
- Dedicated time to develop and plan play based programming for children and families we serve.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Summer months off, robust benefit program, sick days, RRSP contributions, an employee assistance program, and other work related benefits.
- Be a part of a collaborative work environment that is dedicated to professional and personal growth through supervision sessions, recognition and feedback!
In Your Role You Will
- Plan and implementation programming to ensure developmentally appropriate play based programming that reflects the needs and diversity of the children and families.
- Provide leadership and direction to classroom team to deliver programming to children and to ensure that program guidelines and classroom plans are met.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of individual program plans and individual learning plans for all children.
- Coach Early Childhood students, parent volunteers, classroom staff and others.
- Work collaboratively with communities of practice groups, community partnerships and external resources such as CASA and Alberta Health Services.
- Conduct program related assessments, evaluations and reports to effectively deliver and evaluate the program.
- Monitor equipment and room to ensure that safety protocols are being followed for optimum protection of participants.
- Participate in monthly program team meetings and provide feedback and input as appropriate.
- Maintain records and reports by appropriate documentation in order to meet program standards, such as attendance, disclosures, Individual Learning Plans, classroom files.
Education and Certifications
- Alberta Teaching Certification (Interim or Permanent Teaching License).
- Bachelor of Education Degree (or temporary teaching authority).
- Standard First Aid and CPR.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- 1+ years’ experience working with pre-school (2.8 to 5 years) children.
- Experience working with socially, economically, and/or culturally diverse children and their families.
- Teamwork – the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Communication – the ability to understand and be understood by individuals and groups using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovative – the ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities.
- Personal Effectiveness – the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior – a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
- Service Orientation – an understanding of clients’ needs and strives to meet or exceed expectations.
- Results Driven – understands the performance requirements of the role and is accountable to deliver results.
Please e-mail your Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant interest, experience and qualifications to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.