Team Lead – Financial Empowerment Program (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a Financial Empowerment Program that is dedicated to supporting individuals who may be facing significant personal, economic, social and cultural challenges? Do you have a passion in planning, delivering and coordinating programs that are targeted at enhancing the financial capabilities of the local Edmonton community? If you’re a relationship builder that is trauma informed and works from a person-centered approach, the Team Lead for our Financial Empowerment Programs could be the next step in your career! You will support a team of 2, along with volunteers and students to contribute to the success of our Make Tax Time Pay Program, EmpowerU Program, Emergency Grants and Financial Empowerment Champions Project!
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week.
Temporary Position: For up to a one year term with a possibility of extension.
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals through meaningful opportunities related to financial education.
- Robust benefits program, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work-related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Be a part of leading a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Oversee and lead Financial Empowerment teams to ensure daily operations meet best practices and quality programming standards.
- Monitor compliance and perform accurate reporting related to regulatory, contractual, accreditation and funding requirements.
- Assess and develop key processes and frameworks to quality programming.
- Advance service goals, outcomes and evaluate performance against program targets.
- Perform the planning, recruiting, onboarding and training of employees and volunteers.
- Support the on-going development, implementation and management of a comprehensive Financial Education program.
- Facilitate financial education presentations and workshops to diverse individuals/groups.
- Engage with community stakeholders through meetings and partnerships to focus on improving services to program participants.
- Develop annual budget and monitor monthly expenses.
- Prepare and administer surveys, evaluation tools and reports.
- Create, modify and adapt materials for tax and benefit programs, training sessions, workshops and presentations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as Business, Human Services, Education, or relevant disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working in a related field. Equivalencies may be considered with a combination of relevant work experience and education.
- 2+ years of management experience including staff leadership, managing multiple programs, project start-up and expansion, quality improvement and change management.
- Experience working with socially, economically and culturally diverse individuals and families.
- Working knowledge and experience with resiliency, trauma-informed and solution focused practices.
- Experience with group facilitation and individual coaching.
- Understanding and knowledge of government social support systems, financial concepts and barriers that vulnerable populations may be experiencing.
- Familiarity with Indigenous culture, history and social barriers experienced by culturally diverse groups experiencing poverty.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other technology tools.
- Clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Clear Intervention Record
- First Aid and CPR
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel throughout Edmonton
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Proof of vehicle insurance (proof of $2 million dollar liability), registration, and 3 year driver’s abstract
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant interest and experience to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.