Transitional Support Coordinator – Youth Housing Program
Are you passionate in working with youth (ages 14-17) and helping them discover their pathway towards adulthood? Do you identify as creative, collaborative, innovative and ready to motivate youth in getting involved in community activities? The Transitional Support Coordinator focuses on building relationships with youth and exploring their interests through non-judgmental, harm reduction, trauma informed and strength based approaches.
With your strong organization and resource skills, you will play a key role in building a safe and supportive environment for the youth that promotes collaboration and innovation while ensuring the needs of youth are met. You will support your team members with regular supervisory sessions including: coaching, check-ins, performance reviews and development plans to assist in their personal and professional growth!
Hours: Tuesday to Friday – 2:30pm to 11:30pm and Saturday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm; participation in on-call rotation depending on youth needs.
Why Join Our Team
- Inspire youth with community resources to feel empowered through all facets of life.
- Be part of a fun and dynamic double staffed team that supports youth in having a voice in the choices they make.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your leadership role.
In Your Role You Will
- Teach, model and develop basic life skills with youth through the use of relationship-based approaches.
- Communicate with the House Leadership Team regarding progress and challenges that youth may be experiencing.
- Conduct check-ins, coaching sessions and meetings with team members to assist in their personal and professional growth.
- Recruit and hire team members in partnership with Site Manager and Human Resources department.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with neighbors, visitors and community league affiliations.
- Plan and manage the household budgets and expenditures in partnership with the Transitional Case Manager and Site Manager.
- Oversee and approve schedules, shift vacancies, timesheets, expense reports and time off requests of team members.
- Review case notes, medication administration documentation, practices and all household paperwork is in compliance with policies and standards.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in Child and Youth Care (CYC), Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain): Standard First Aid, Suicide Intervention Training, Medication Administration, De-escalation, Harm Reduction, Indigenous Awareness Training, Protection of Sexually Exploited Children’s Act, WHIMIS and Food Safety.
- Reliable, registered vehicle, driver’s license, a recent driver’s abstract and valid insurance including two million dollar liability coverage.
- 3+ years’ experience working with youth.
- 1+ year related supervisory experience, including staff leadership, training and management of employees.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, resiliency, trauma-informed and solution focused practice.
- Strong crisis intervention/de-escalation training/skills. Ability to remain calm in crisis situations. Ability to work in high pressure and stress situations on a regular basis.
- Extensive background and experience working with youth struggling with substance use/addictions, poverty, mental health, traumatic histories, LGBTQ2S+, and Newcomers to Canada and/or refugees.
- Understanding and ability to respond to multiple, complex barriers faced by youth.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, database applications and computer operation.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest, experience and qualifications to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.