Weekday Youth Worker – Youth Housing Program
Do you have a passion in engaging with youth (ages 14-17) and want to actively be a part of their coming of age stories? e4c’s Youth Housing Program utilizes a double staffing model that focuses on building relationships with youth to encourage and develop their goals through a client-centered approach. e4c is hiring a Youth Worker who will build safe and supportive relationships with the youth that promote collaboration and innovation while ensuring their needs are met. You will facilitate case assessments and case management sessions with youth in order to assess their progress and ensure their goals and programming outcomes align.
Youth Housing Programs (YHP) offers safe, supportive transitional housing for youth experiencing complex barriers such as substance use/misuse/addictions, legal, poverty, traumatic histories, mental health, poverty and homelessness, LGBTQ2S+, and newcomers to Canada and/or refugees, and PSECA concerns. The Youth Worker position focuses on facilitating case management to ensure that youth goals and programming outcomes are achieved.
Hours: Monday to Thursday: 11:00am to 9:00pm
Why Join Our Team
- Engage with youth in meaningful opportunities to support their pathways towards adulthood.
- Double staffing model that better supports the youth we walk alongside.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
In Your Role You Will
- Build rapport, supervise and encourage youth through one-on-one supports.
- Facilitate case assessments and case management sessions with youth.
- Support and monitor progress of youth in developing client-centered goals which may include programming attainment (life skills, education, career, rehabilitation, community activities etc.)
- Provide referrals and follow-up support to external services (legal, medical, educational, children services etc.)
- Converse with legal guardians regarding the progress of youth, changes in behavior and challenges that youth are experiencing.
- Assist and support youth with meal preparation according to the Canada Food Guide.
- Plan, budget and accompany youth on recreational activities.
- Communicate pertinent information and progress of youth to the House Leadership Team through daily case notes, documentation and log book tracking.
- Re-inforce conflict resolution, positive communication, household respect through positive reinforcement, role modeling, supportive listening, etc.
- Comply and adhere to policies and procedures including: internal e4c policies, legislation, bylaws, licensing standards, CARF, Alberta Health, medication administration documentation/procedures etc.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with neighbors, visitors and other community members.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in Child and Youth Care (CYC), Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain): Standard First Aid, Suicide Intervention Training, Medication Administration, De-escalation, Harm Reduction, Indigenous Awareness Training, Protection of Sexually Exploited Children’s Act, WHIMIS and Food Safety.
- Reliable, registered vehicle, driver’s license, a recent driver’s abstract and valid insurance including two million dollar liability coverage.
- Certifications: FOIP, Mental Health First Aid
- 2 years working with marginalized populations (youth experience is an asset).
- Strong interpersonal, non-judgmental, empathetic, flexible and ability to work with initiative
- and independence
- Experience working with youth struggling with addictions, poverty, mental health, and trauma.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, resiliency, trauma -informed and solution focused practice.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, database applications and computer operation.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and experience to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.