Weekend Evening Wellness Coach – Women’s House
Are you a wellness champion that is focused on building relationships through strength-based and person-centered approaches? Do you have a passion in supporting women and modelling what personal wellness, self-care and recovery can look like?
e4c is hiring a Weekend Evening Wellness Coach in our Transitional Housing Program which is an exciting opportunity for collaborative work related to social justice, social change and innovation. You will provide supports for residents in developing individualized goals whilst creating a safe judgement free community within the home that supports emotional, spiritual, mental and physical wellness.
Hours: Part-Time on Saturday and Sunday: 4:30pm to 12:00am
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals served in developing and achieving their own personalized goals.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Part-time position includes: a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- Be supervised and mentored by a team of diverse individuals through observation, formal and informal coaching sessions and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Foster a fun, engaging and non-judgmental environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Build community within the house and community members to develop positive community relations.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practices to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Administer medication for all residents.
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset.
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Required Certification (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training.
- Recommended Certification: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness.
- One year of related direct service work/lived experience.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Empathetic Outlook: The ability to perceive and understand the feelings and attitudes of others; the ability to place oneself “in the shoes” of another and to view a situation from their perspective.
- Communication: Comfortable communicating formally, informally, in groups and one-on-one. Able to obtain and share information, ideas, and problems. Able to ask for advice, support and accept feedback. Capitalizes on opportunities to model healthy relationships and ways of relating with residents.
- Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal professional relationships. Fosters respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members
- Accountability: Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions)
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior – a clear understanding of ethical and practices. Aligns behavior with an ethical framework.
Please forward a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experiences and qualifications to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.