Weekend Overnight Life Skill Coach – Permanent Supportive Housing
Are you passionate about social justice, collaboration and innovation? Are you a night owl? The Weekend Overnight Life Skills Coach role could be the next step in your career if you identify as patient, excellent at managing crisis, detailed, and a multi-tasker when it comes to transforming nighttime routines into learning experiences! e4c Permanent Supportive Housing Programs provide housing for people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
We are looking for a Weekend Overnight Life Skills Coach who will actively engage with residents to develop meaningful life skills that align with their own goals. You will focus on building relationships with residents, modelling what it looks like to build structure around nighttime routines involving restful activities, and modelling how to accomplish basic skills that support overall functioning while maintaining a clean and safe environment.
e4c permanent supportive housing operates on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, focused on reciprocity, relationship, and wellness. The Weekend Overnight Life Skills Coach works during the night to support the residents and build their capacity.
Hours: Part-time: Saturday and Sunday: 11:30pm to 9:00am
Why Join Our Team
- Part-time position includes: a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Be supervised and mentored by a team of diverse individuals through observation, formal and informal coaching sessions and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Support residents to build structure and routines at nighttime including (but not limited to): cooking, sleep hygiene, conflict resolution, medication administration, healthy relationships, problem solving, and the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with Alberta Health Services staff and Life Skills team to ensure that work with residents align with their personal care plans.
- Use relationship-based approaches to teach and model a spectrum of basic life skills in the home with residents.
- Clean and maintain household to ensure compliance with all legislation, bylaws and standards (health, safety, fire, city and accreditation).
- Inform and receive information from Housing Program team regarding: the progress of residents, changes in behavior, and challenges that residents may be experiencing.
- Administer medication for all residents.
- Maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders and act as a point of contact for the community during weekend nighttime hours.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, food services, education and/or administration.
- Police Information Check including vulnerable sector.
- Child Intervention Record Check.
- Required (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness, Motivational Interviewing.
- 1+ year of related direct service work experience working with diverse communities with varying and complex priorities and needs.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and relevant experience to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: e4calberta.org
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and only those who are short-listed will be contacted.