Weekend Wellness Coach (Day Shift) – Young Adult Transitional Housing
Are you passionate about personal wellness and modelling what practicing self-care and recovery looks like? Does personal wellness to you mean much more than physical and mental well-being but rather is a dynamic process of change and growth that varies between different individuals? The Weekend Wellness Coach is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in social justice, social change, innovation, and collaborative work!
You will build relationships with young adults (ages 16-25) through modelling healthy relationships and boundaries, creating a safe environment and being an avenue of support in helping residents achieve their self-identified wellness goals. You will draw inspiration to support residents related to their personal wellness, self-care practices, wellness and/or recovery journeys through non-judgmental and person-centered approaches.
Hours: Part-time: Saturday and Sunday: 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be supported through supervisory coaching sessions and mentorship by a team of experienced leaders through observation.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Work with Wellness Manager and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to build community within the house and to develop good community relations.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Facilitate positive relationship building with neighbors and community members.
- Administers medication for all residents.
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
- Degree or diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
- Police Information Check including vulnerable sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Proof of Vehicle Insurance, Registration and 3 year Drivers Abstract.
- Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness
- One year of related direct service work/lived experience
- Proven ability to foster a team environment
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Empathetic Outlook: The ability to perceive and understand the feelings and attitudes of others; the ability to place oneself “in the shoes” of another and to view a situation from their perspective.
- Communication: Comfortable communicating formally, informally, in groups and one-on-one. Able to obtain and share information, ideas, and problems. Able to ask for advice, support and accept feedback. Capitalizes on opportunities to model healthy relationships and ways of relating with residents.
- Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal professional relationships. Fosters respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members
- Accountability: Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions)
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior – a clear understanding of ethical and practices. Aligns behavior with an ethical framework.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.