Weekend Wellness Coach – Young Adult Transitional Housing
Are you interested in social justice, social change, innovation and collaborative work as part of a multi-disciplinary team? Is personal wellness more than physical and mental well-being but a dynamic process of change and growth that varies between different individuals? e4c is recruiting for a Weekend Evening Wellness Coach that works with young adults (ages 16-25) who are looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. You support residents who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions require enhanced levels of housing support.
You will build reciprocal relationships with residents through: modelling healthy relationships and boundaries, creating a safe environment and being an avenue of support in helping residents achieve their self-identified wellness goals through a non-judgmental and person-centered approach. You will draw inspiration to support residents on personal wellness, self-care practices, wellness and/or recovery.
Hours: Part-Time Saturday and Sunday from 4:30pm to 12:00am
Why Join Our Team
- Walk alongside and empower young adults in developing and achieving their goals.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Part-time position includes: sick days, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- Be supervised and mentored by a team of diverse individuals through observation, formal and informal coaching sessions and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Foster a fun, engaging and non-judgmental environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Build community within the house in collaboration with the Wellness Manager and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to develop community relations.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Facilitate positive relationship building with neighbors and community members.
- Administers medication for all residents.
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty.
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Required Certification (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training.
- Recommended Certification: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness.
- One year of related direct service work/lived experience.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
Please forward a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.